Ascend International School (AIS), Mumbai is a coeducational English medium IB World School that offers education from pre-primary level through class XII.
Founded in 2011, the school aims to deliver a rigorous and collaborative 21st century education where students discover a lifelong love of learning.
The AIS campus building hosts the pre-elementary and elementary school, central administration, a rooftop swimming pool and apartments for faculty and visiting scholars.
AIS’s classrooms are spacious and work more as studio workshops with worktables, informal gathering places and private study nooks. The classrooms of each floor are interconnected with unique child-sized passage doors allowing cross-class work and sharing of discoveries.
Other facilities include play field, playgrounds, a tricycle track, sand area and a discovery jewel garden for the youngest students.
Inspired by the educational philosophy of University Child Development School (Seattle, USA), Ascend International School's curricular model emphasises:
a. Individualised Instruction
b. Collaboration in Education
c. Meaningful Learning
d. Global Citizenship and Flexible Thinking
e. Specialist Instruction
f. Assessment and Reflection
AIS offers following programmes:
Alongside academics, AIS encourages students to participate in various sports and activities such as taekwondo, football, swimming, dance, chess, foreign language and piano.
The admission process is as follows:
1. Admission form can be obtained from the school office.
2. Along with the filled in application form, the following documents need to be submitted:
a. Parent Questionnaire
b. Teacher Recommendation Form (from current school/nursery)
3. Student Records/Transcripts Request – ONLY if applying for 1st through 5th grade, submit the request for records form to your child's current/previous school.
4. After submission of application form and documents, the admissions office will contact to set up a visit for child. Detailed information about the visit day will be sent to parents prior to their scheduled appointment time.
5. Parents' interview will be conducted.
Fees – Please contact admissions office for detailed information on fees.
AIS fosters academic excellence and aims to cultivate self-confident, creative, reflective, and analytical thinkers.