Jobs in Education System
Banner Final-07
Child Dies

Bengaluru: 2-year-old dies after accidentally consuming turpentine

May 22, 2023

A two-year-old child, Anjum Fathima died in Bengaluru after she accidentally drank turpentine oil that was incorrectly stored at home.

The incident took place at Nelamangala in Bengaluru on Saturday evening. The child was rushed to a private hospital nearly where she died hours later, according to reports.

The child’s father, Zameer, is a sheep vendor. He told the police that he had stored turpentine oil in a container at home to mark the sheep while they were to be sold.

However, the child gained access to this while she was playing in the evening, spilt it on the floor and licked the oil leading to poisoning.

Fathima’s parents noticed when the child began vomiting and became ill. In a short duration, the child also fell unconscious and had to be rushed to a healthcare facility nearby.

Despite efforts, she did not respond to treatment and died around 7 pm, according to the police.

Also Read: Karnataka: School teacher suspended over FB post against CM Siddaramaiah

Posted in News, States
Current Issue
EducationWorld July 2024
ParentsWorld July 2024

Access USA Alliance
Access USA
Xperimentor
WordPress Lightbox Plugin