This course had been designed to provide you with the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the new field of Business Intelligence from a computing perspective.
You will gain knowledge and skills in a range of subjects including, business intelligence, and large amounts of data, data base technology and data analytics techniques. Business Intelligence draws together a range of techniques and theories for extracting valuable insights from raw data. Companies tend to accumulate large of amounts, but often fail to spot patterns and trends embedded within it.
Business Intelligence has emerged in recent years as a key source of competitive advantage for companies, enabling them to improve performance across the business, from overall strategy to marketing.
The programme has one intake in September and may be studied in full or part-time mode.
Why Choose this University:
1. The School has close and well-established links with industry, ensuring that the programme remains up-to-date and relevant. In December 2012 the School launched the SAS Student Academy.
2. The School co-developed and currently runs the SAS Student Academy Programme which provides training to other educational establishments in SAS software.
3. The School is located at Millennium Point, in the heart of Birmingham. Millennium Point was built as a focus for science, technology and education within Birmingham and the wider region and provides an excellent context for exploring advanced technology.
4. Graduates from the programme will be equipped for careers in business intelligence and data analytics which includes the analysis and extraction of information from Big Data from any type of industry and business.
5. Graduates will gain high level skills in business intelligence, data analytics, database technology as well as relevant knowledge and skills pertaining to consultancy and entrepreneurship. Suitable students will also be able to proceed to PhD programe.
We would normally expect you to hold at least a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. However, we can also consider your application without standard entry qualifications if you can provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully complete the course.