Cinnamon and banana dessert
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, leaving peels intact.
- Grill the bananas, cut sides down. Cook directly over medium heat on an oiled rack of covered grill for two to three minutes until golden brown.
- Turn and sprinkle the bananas with the cinnamonsugar mixture.
- Cover and grill for five minutes or until the peels fall away. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with
chocolate and chopped nuts.
Cinnamon is rich in manganese, iron, calcium and fibre. It has been used since medieval times to cure diarrhoea, indigestion and bloating. The honey-cinnamon combo aids digestion, improves the cardiovascular health, keeps the bones, skin, teeth, and hair healthy, and stimulates weight loss.