The Chartered Accountancy Exam, also known as the ICAI exam is an exam conducted for CA qualification by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Receiving CA qualification will allow candidates to become an accounting professional overlooking matters about taxation and accounting is businesses, such as conducting financial audits, filing tax returns, reviewing and presenting financial statements as well as act as advisory agents.
Conducted by the ICAI, qualifying the CA exam is equivalent to a postgraduate degree, and this certification can be obtained by clearing the three course levels of CA- the CA Foundation course, the CA Intermediate Course and the CA Final course. The exams are held annually in two sessions.
CA Foundation Course / CPT Exam
Eligibility: Candidates should have passed class 12 exams with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks, registered with the Board of Studies by June 30 of the year of examination and switched to the CA Foundation Course with the Board of Studies of ICAI by September 7 of the same year.
Exam Subjects and Paper Pattern: There are four papers in the CPT exam; the exam is divided into two sessions with two papers each:
- Paper 1 is based on the fundamentals of accounting (60 marks)
- Paper 2 is based on mercantile laws (40 marks)
- Paper 3 is based on general economics (50 marks)
- Paper 4 is based on quantitative aptitude (50 marks)
Total marks: 200
Candidates are given two hours for each paper where one mark is awarded for each correct answer and there is negative marking of 0.25 per wrong answer.
Exam Dates: December 2021 Cycle
Paper 1: December 13, 2021
Paper 2: December 15, 2021
Paper 3: December 17, 2021
Paper 4: December 19, 2021
CA Intermediate Course / IPC Exam
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed the CA Foundation Course exam (or an equivalent exam) and should have completed their graduation or post graduation from any stream from a recognised Indian university with a minimum aggregate of 50-60% marks.
Direct entry: For direct entry (i.e., without giving the CA Foundation Exam), candidates must have a graduate/postgraduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 55-60% marks and register nine months prior to the IPCC exam, pass either single or both groups of IPC and finish three years of articleship in addition to clearing both groups for finals.
Exam Subjects and Paper Pattern: there are two groups in the exam with a total of eight papers:
- Accounting (100 marks)
- Corporate and Other Laws
- Corporate laws (50 marks)
- Other laws (50 marks)
- Cost and Management Accounting (100 marks)
- Income tax law (50 marks)
- Indirect taxes (50 marks)
- Advanced Accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management (100 marks)
- Enterprise Information System (50 Marks)
- Strategic Management (50 Marks)
- Financial management and Economics for finance (100)
- Financial Management (60 Marks)
- Economics Of Finance (40 Marks)
Total marks- 100 (per paper)
Candidates are given three hours per paper where one mark is awarded for every correct answer. There is no negative marking.
Exam Dates: December 2021 Cycle
Group I: December 06, 08, 10 and 12, 2021
Group II: December 14, 16, 19 and 20, 2021
CA Final Course:
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed the CA Intermediate Course Exam OR the Professional Education Exam to appear for the final exam. Applicants are supposed to have completed atleast 3 to 3.5 years of article training when registering.
Exam Subjects and Paper Pattern: the CA Final paper is divided into two groups with four papers each:
- Paper 1: Financial Reporting
- Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management
- Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Paper 4: Corporate and Allied/Economic Laws
- Paper 5: Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
- Paper 6: Elective subjects
- 6A Risk Management
- 6B Financial Services and Capital Markets
- 6C International Taxation
- 6D Economic Laws
- 6E Global Financial Reporting Standards
- 6F Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Paper 7: Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
- Paper 8: Indirect Tax Laws
Total marks- 100 marks per paper.
Candidates are provided three hours per paper. One mark is awarded per correct answer. There is no negative marking.
December 2021 Cycle
Group I: December 05, 07, 09 and 11, 2021
Group II: December 13, 15, 17 and 19, 2021
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
A-29, First Floor,
Administrative Block, ICAI Bhawan
Sector-62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201301
Phone: +91 1203045994
Email: [email protected]