Choco-nut log stack
Want to surprise your family with a scrumptious dessert? Here’s a simple lip-smacking Choco-nut Log Stack you can make.
You will need:
1 pack chocolate wafers
2 cups of whipped cream, ½ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 big bar of milk chocolate
Almonds and walnuts
1. Whip the cream with sugar and vanilla essence into a thick but spreadable consistency. Take care it isn’t runny. You can buy ready-made cream, add sugar and whip it up.
2. Melt the bar of milk chocolate carefully in a microwave oven. Take care it doesn’t get burnt. Add 2 or more tablespoons of milk and keep stirring it with a spoon if you are doing it on a stove. Or use chocolate syrup.
3. Place three wafers side by side on a dish.
4. Carefully spread a layer of cream on the wafers.
5. Using a teaspoon, spread chocolate over the layer of cream.
6. Stack the cream and chocolate wafers atop each other. You have to work quickly as the cream may melt. Cover the sides also with cream.
7. To decorate the top, drizzle the remaining chocolate on top in a zigzag manner. Sprinkle chopped almonds and walnuts to decorate.
8. Refrigerate for about 3-4 hours till it sets. Slice carefully and serve. Add a dollop of ice-cream if you like.
You can also use strawberry syrup and wafers to make a Strawberry Log Stack.
Day for others
Fritzee’s fact file
La Tomatina is a food fight festival held annually in Valencia, Spain.
People hurl tomatoes at each other until the entire town is painted red! The tradition began accidentally in 1945 when someone pushed another person during a parade. The latter hurled tomatoes in anger and others joined in. It became a regular celebration after that.
When the officially-sponsored tomato trucks arrive loaded with tomatoes and with farmers and officials atop, they hurl the first tomatoes at the crowd and the fight begins. It lasts for an hour and later, everyone is generously hosed down.