Kasiga School, Dehradun established in 2007, follows both CBSE and CAIE (UK) curricula facilitating the development of the student’s ability to develop practical skills through knowledge and understanding, nurturing creativity and analytical skills.
The school provides a healthy balance of rigorous academic teaching with a wide range of sporting, co-curricular and academic activities. Their holistic approach makes the students perfect global citizens who can contribute to society and the world. It ensures a world-class education for all students by focusing on academics, sports, culture and life skills.
The school’s objective is to nurture environmentally conscious, value-driven world citizens with good work ethics, in an atmosphere that promotes innovation, love for sports, culture and life-long learning.
Kasiga School, Dehradun has designed its campus so as to influence both learning and living. Large open spaces and innovatively designed infrastructure encourages learning beyond classroom. The campus also hosts a Design and Technology lab making it one of the few schools in India to offer a Design and Technology lab and curriculum. Electronics, automated control systems, robotics, woodwork and metalwork skills, product design and prototyping form the core of our work here, right from the inception of the school.
Aero Modelling – Kasiga School, under the aegis of D&T Lab allows young aeronauts to develop a repertoire of STEM skills.
It also hosts 23 (2 air-conditioned), ICT teaching-learning facilities, Physics, Chemistry, Biology labs, Computer and Maths labs.
Kāsiga School has been ranked No.3 for Infrastructure in Uttarakhand by the EducationWorld India School Rankings 2019-20. Sports facilities include a circular cricket field, a 10m shooting range, international standard 9 layer synthetic topped basketball court, 2 international standard 9 layer synthetic topped tennis courts and an outdoor heated infinity pool with 10 lanes and 4-5 ft. depth.
Each classroom has an open area for outdoor teaching. There are open spaces that encourage students to be outdoors and engage in learning with the awareness of nature.
The school is surrounded by an eco-friendly environment and promotes the essence of ‘green living’ by causing minimal environmental harm. Energy is conserved by using Solar panels for heating and providing hot water to the students. An STP/ETP (Sewage/Effluent Treatment Plan) plant is built on the premises for waste management and recycling of water. The structure of the building merges with nature and the campus has beautiful landscaping with some rare and exotic species of flowers. A beautiful fish pond in the central foyer of the school is a major attraction amongst the students and visitors.
Kasiga School, Dehradun
offers a rigorous academic curriculum and comprehensive co-curricular programme including sports, performing arts, community service provides an opportunity for every child to discover his/ her natural talent and pursue it to excellence.
The CREYA programme and the information literacy programme help in the development of innovation and creativity.
CREYA experiential learning programme focuses on developing 21st century skills in children. It is based on STEM – integration of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. These subjects are taught through projects, challenges, research and reflections.
MINDSPARK is an online adaptive, practice and a learning tool for mathematics which allows each student to learn with understanding and at their own pace.
Kāsiga has initiated a journey of academic visioning. In its effort to be a progressive educational space, we understand that teachers’ training has to be at the heart of a school that aims to be a world-leading school. Hence, the school is investing heavily in the ‘Professional Development’ of the teachers. The school has an annual PDP calendar that ensures that the teachers are equipped with modern pedagogical tools.
This year, Kāsiga has also put in place a strong programme to educate the students on PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education), which is a UK based curriculum. This curriculum also focusses on educating children on gender sensitisation and respect for all.
SEN Cell – The school has a fully functional SEN Department under the able guidance of a qualified and committed SEN specialist educator. The Special Education Needs Cell also has a full-time special counselor to give support to the growing, emotional and academic needs of a child. All students with special learning needs are provided extensive assistance as a part of inclusive education.
Each year, our teachers challenge the students in the classroom, to think critically about the world around them, allowing them to evaluate what they learn in the classroom. To augment the classroom experiences, teachers collaborate across the disciplines to connect lessons through experiential learning events. Beyond the classroom, students are encouraged to extracurricular activities, including clubs, sports, visual arts and performing arts.
Our faculty is highly qualified and teach students who want to develop the skills necessary to be successful in the 21st century. With various teaching backgrounds from all over the world, Kasiga’s faculty bring a wide variety of experiences and expertise to the classroom. Their focus, which is also one of the missions of the school, is to develop critical thinkers.
The school has started ILPs (Individualized Learning Plans) for students, to ensure that they are given personalised coaching by teachers on the subjects that they find difficult.
Summer Sports Camp
In an endeavour to focus on the physical and mental fitness of the child, Kasiga kicked off its Summer Sports Camp in the school premises. The camp includes exciting sports such as Cricket, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Table Tennis, Shooting, Swimming and Athletics under the guidance and expertise by the following coaches:
Cricket – Dronacharya Award Winner, Raj Kumar (former coach of Virat Kohli), and his team of West Delhi Cricket Academy
Athletics – V.K. Verma, NIS chief coach
Soccer – Flavio Raffo – UEFA-PRO football coach and former coach of AC- Millan FC, Italy
Basketball – Shiba Magoon, national basketball coach
Swimming – Tahrina Nasrin, national swimmer
Shooting – Muneer Ahmed, national shooter
Tennis – Coaches from the famous (MBTA) Mahesh Bhupati Tennis Academy
The school offers 60 hours of teacher training – either internal or external – as mandatory for teaching staff at Kasiga.
Teacher Student Ratio
Girls and boys
No of Students
Soccer, tennis, basketball, athletics, swimming, cricket
The admission process at Kasiga School, Dehradun for Grade IV – IX & Grade XI is as follows:
Register online – https://www.kasigaschool.com/register/
Registration fee – Rs 15,000/-.
Interaction of the parents and student with the principal and admissions committee.
Date for entrance test: usually in the month of December and January.
(A) One-time payment (Only at the time of admission)
||Particulars of fees
||Grade IV to IX & XI (CBSE)
||Grade IV to IX & XI
||Admission Fees (Nonrefundable)
(Refundable without interest)
|| Grand Total
(B) Annual Fees (Recurring amount)-
||Particulars of fees
||IV & V
|VI to VIII
|IX & XI
|IX & X
|XI & XII
(AS & A Level)
(C ) Imprest Amount ( To be paid with first installment ) –Rs 1,00,000
Academics Results 2018-19
Grade 12 results:
- Madiha Islam topped the Humanities Stream with 97%
- Kumaraditya Gupta topped the Science Stream with 96.25%
- Yash Kundalia was the topper in Commerce Stream with 96%
- Ikleen Kohli secured 100% in Political Science with an aggregate of 91.7%
- Ankisha Kumari secured 97% in Computer Studies with an aggregate of 93.5%
Grade 10 results:
The topper of the class is Priyanshu Raghav with 94.4% followed by Adheesh Vibhuti with 92%, Shrestha Gupta with 91.8% and Eshaan Marvania with 90%. Overall 36 Kāsigans scored above 90% in various subjects.
Cambridge Assessment International Education: June 2018 series topper
Five Kasiga students achieved distinction in the Cambridge ICE (International Certificate of Education) which is a group award for students who pass the examinations in at least seven Cambridge IGCSE subjects from five different subject groups, including two different languages, sciences, mathematics, humanities and social sciences and creative and professional subject groups.
ICE Distinction requires a total of 7 Grades above C and 5 grades of A or higher.
Cambridge examinations results (March 2019 series)
● Ayush Malhotra – IGCSE Topper (2 A* & 7 A). Top scorer – chemistry (A), design & technology (A), Hindi (A), computer science (A*), physics (A*)
● Shreesh Khadka – IGCSE Topper (2 A* & 3 A). Top scorer – chemistry (A), biology (A*)
● Safal Pokharel – IGCSE Topper (2 A* & 3 A). Top scorer – additional mathematics (A) & Spanish (A*)
● Siddhanth Bhatt – IGCSE Topper (3 A* & 1 A) Top scorer – biology (A*), extended mathematics (A)
● Arja Sujayan – IGCSE art & design (A*)
● Kavish Desai – Top scorer – English (A)
- Kasigans from junior and middle school excelled and brought laurels to the school at the ‘Green Olympiad’ conducted by Teri -The Energy and Resources Institute.
- Shagun Balodi and Arindam Agarwal were ‘State Winners’ and were awarded gold medal, certificate of State winner and certificate of distinction.
- Sparsh Agarwal and Swarit Kumar Singh- certificate of distinction.
- At the English Olympiad that was held at Kasiga School in October 2019, Kasigans bagged the gold medal – Tushar Chauhan of Grade VI, Swarit Kumar Singh of Grade VII, Panna Tyagi of Grade VIII, Harshita Sobhani of Grade IX and Ishana Kapoor of Grade XI.
- The silver medalists were Sanome Paul Singh V of Grade VII and Gurnoor Puri of Grade XI. The bronze medalists were Agamjot Singh of Grade VII and Shivani Agarwal of Grade XI.
- The National Science Olympiad was held at Kasiga School in November. The students performed exceedingly well and bagged 6 gold medals, 3 silver medals and 2 bronze medals.
- Kasiga School hosted the 11th edition of the Interschool Geeta Path Pratiyogita on October 6, 2018, wherein the school bagged the 1st position.
- At the Spell Bee competition held at the Doon Global School on August 31, 2018, Kasiga School won the 2nd position.
Music, dance and fine arts:
- The students participated in Confluence’19, an inter-school event organised by the Tulas International School and the school band bagged the 1st prize in Crescendo (BAND) and 2nd prize in Symphony (TABLA) was won by Shreesh Bakshi.
- Kasiga School received a commendation certificate for commendable performance at the Sahodaya Interschool Folk Dance Competition held at Welham Boys’ School on August 27, 2018.
- Kasiga School hosted its annual movie festival, ‘Silver Fiesta- 2018’ and grabbed the Jury Choice Award.
- 30 students from Kasiga School were enrolled for the prestigious Rock School examination under various categories and secured distinction as follows – Drums (3 distinctions), Piano (1 distinction), Vocals (1 distinction), Ukele (3 distinction).
- Bhatkhande Music Examination: Around 30 students of Kasiga were enrolled for the prestigious Bhatkhande music examination, Lucknow and all of them successfully passed with 100%. Shreesh Bakshi was awarded a distinction for Tabla.
- High Achiever’s Concert and Award Ceremony (Rock School Examinations) – The students participated in the Concert and were awarded/appreciated in various categories – Prakarsha Poudel in Piano, Raghav Gautam in Drums, Nischay Joshi in Guitar, Shreesh Bakshi in Drums, Boris Momin in Western Vocals, Prisha Meswani in Ukele, Utkarsh Agarwal in Acoustic Guitar.
- At the Rupali Memorial Art Competition held at The Doon Girls’ School on April 17, 2019; Kasiga School won the third prize.
- The students participated in the Cultural Fest- ‘Izhare Hunar & Earth Art’ held at Hopetown Girls’ school; wherein the Dance group won the 2nd position and 4th in the Assemblage ART in Orchestra and 3rd position in Photography competition.
- In the Spectrum Junior Art Competition held at Unison world school on May 4, 2019, Sambudhha De won the 3rd position.
- At the Conscenza cultural fest on the May 11, 2019 held at Ecole Globale International Girls’ School the following students from our school were awarded in different categories: Krishna Dev and Adheesh Vibhuti won the 1st Prize in ‘Meme’; 1st position was captured by Gaurvika in Capture ‘photography’, Still Art – Rishit Raj won the 2nd Prize and Radio Gaga-‘Stand-up Comedy’ also we bagged the 2nd Prize.
- Kasiga School was declared the runners up at the Inter-School English Debate competition held at the Marshall School on November 19, 2018.
- In the 3rd Annual Junior English Debate competition held at The Doon School on February 21, 2019, two of Kasiga students performed well and reached up to the second and third rounds respectively.
- Under the World Scholars Cup Series, a group of 30 students from Kasiga School participated in the Regional Round of the Cup. They performed exceedingly well in all the components of the contest- Debate, Collaborative Writing, Individual Quiz, and Team Quiz. Ayush Malhotra was adjudged as one of the 8 best debaters out of the 400 students who participated in the event. Sanome, Reginald and Agamjot also made the school proud by winning 9, 8 and 7 medals respectively. Out of a total of 10, 7 teams that have made it to the Global Round.
Model United Nations (MUN)
- MUN-Kasiga School participated at the MUN CONCLAVE held at Selaqui, wherein Panna Tyagi was highly commended for her article which is going to be published by the UN.
- International Shooting Championship of Hanover, Germany 2018 Participant player -Yash Agarwal
- International Shooting Championship of Czech Republic 2018 Participant- Yash Agarwal
- Preeya Patel, the only girl from Uttarakhand at the National Swimming Championship this year.
- Yash Agarwal represented the school at the National Shooting Championship, Kerala. Yash has also represented the school for shooting at Hanover & Prague, Germany and has been selected for the Indian team.
- Shreesh Bakshi represented the school at the National Swimming Championship.
- Ishang Mohan was at the National Skating Championship earlier this year.
- Abhinav Acharya represented the school at the AITA National Ranking Tennis Tournament.
- Rehya Tyagi and Samprada Karki received the National award in Soccer.
- Siddharth Rawat represented the school at the North Zone Shooting Championship.
- Aman Singh and Manish Singh played for the Mussoorie team in the 18th Junior State Basketball Championship held at Haridwar.
- Kasiga Girls Soccer team represented the school in CBSE Pre Subroto National Championship and was placed in the 3rd position.
- The Girls Senior Soccer team players – Reyha Tyagi and Samprada Karki won the National Award in Soccer for outstanding performance in sport.
- The school participated in the Senior National Aquatic Championship held at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and won 2 gold medals and 1 bronze medal in the same.
- The soccer team participated in the All India Jackie Memorial Soccer Tournament, held at St Georges’ College, Mussoorie and reached quarter-finals.
- Abhinav Acharaya reached the finals of the All India Tennis Association National C.S. Series Tournament in the doubles U-16 category and was runners up in the tournament held at St. Josephs Academy.
- 28th All India G.V. Mavalankar Shooting Championship (Chennai) 2018 – 2 students- Aiman Singh Sandhu and Yash Agarwal qualified for Nationals.
- 38th North Zone Shooting Championship 2018 RISS Shooting Range Dehradun – School won 1 Bronze medal in 25 meter Sports Pistol and our student, Sahitya Gupta, qualified for national.
- 62nd National Shooting Championship 2018 at Vattiyoorkkavu Shooting Range, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerela – Yash Agarwal, Siddharth Rawat, and Sahitya Gupta -Qualified for India team trial
Basketball (state level)
- The school basketball team participated in the 18th Junior State basketball championship held at Haridwar. The team reached the finals of the championship.
- The school participated in The Uttarakhand State Swimming Championship held at Haldwani winning 2 Gold and 1 Bronze medal in the senior category and 4 Gold medals in the junior category.
- The school participated in the CBSE North Zone 1 Swimming Competition 2018 held at Vidya Global School, Meerut winning 7 medals in the U-17 category.
- Young tennis player, Abhinav Acharya, received a breakthrough by playing the main draw of I.T.F at Nepal. He is the first and the only student from boarding school across Uttarakhand, to participate in the International Tennis Federation, Junior World Tournament.
- Uttrakhand State Inter-School Shooting Championship 2018 – 14 Gold Medals, 6 Silver medals and 10 Bronze medals.
- Uttrakhand State Shooting Championship 2018 -1 Silver Medal (Sports Pistol ) and 3 Bronze medal (Team)
Athletics (district level)
- The athletic team participated in the District Athletics Championship and we won 5 Gold, 3 Silver and 1 Bronze medal. The Kasigan set up a new district record in the HIGH JUMP event.
- Skating – The school’s student represented RFSI- Uttarakhand in the above 16, at The 55th National Roller Sports Championship – Speed Skating Squad and was awarded for the same.
- Kasiga School participated in the Sahodaya Inter School Senior Boy’s Soccer tournament -2018 and came out as winner by defeating Army Public School.
- Kasiga School won the Selaqui Invitational Soccer Tournament against Wynberg Allen School by 4-2. Kasiga team received a cheque of INR 2,00, 000.
- The Kasiga Girls soccer team won finals of PPSA Soccer Tournament by defeating Gautam International School.
- Kasiga School participated in 7-A-Slide Invitational Summer Valley Inter School Soccer Tournament – 2018. The school’s junior boys soccer team emerged as winners while the senior boys soccer team and the girls soccer team emerged as runners up.
- The school participated in The 3rd Sanawar Invitational Inter-School Swimming Competition held at The Lawrence School, Sanawar winning the 2nd position with 58 medals (23 Gold, 18 Silver and 17 Bronze).
- The school participated in The 9th ‘Mrs E.C West Memorial Interschool Girls invitational Swimming Championship’ 2018 winning 3 medals in the Sub Junior category.
- The school participated in The 8th ‘Mr P.K. Kidd Wynberg Allen Inter-School Swimming Competition 2018’ and bagged 2nd overall position.
- The school participated in The Doon School Aquatic Championship. We won 25 medals in the same.
- Our school bagged runner’s up position in The P.C. Batta Memorial Inter-School Tennis Tournament.
- The school hosted and participated in The 4th All India P.C Batta Memorial Inter-School Cricket Tournament. Their student Vishv Patel bagged the trophy of Best Batsman of the tournament.
- At the 3rd Bullseye Open Shooting Championship, the school bagged 12 Gold medals; 9 Silver medals and 10 Bronze medals.
- Kasiga School won the 3rd prize in the PPSA Chess Tournament conducted by St. Kabir’s Academy in August 24, 2018.
Achievements & Awards
- The school was ranked India’s #8 and Uttarakhand’s #2 Co-ed Boarding School in the EducationWorld India School Rankings 2018-19.
- Kasiga School was awarded as one of the top 50 schools in India, under the residential school category for teaching-learning methodology by the Future 50 Schools Shaping Success Community.
- Career 360, as part of India’s Best Schools 2018, rated Kasiga School with AAAA+ in the International Boarding Schools category.
- The Principals Progressive Schools’ Association (PPSA), Uttarakhand in collaboration with Times of India, had organised a two days International Conference for principals & teachers of Distinguished Schools at Pestle Weed College. Sonali Sinha was awarded the prestigious Uttarakhand Ratan Award by the Association.
- Kāsiga School was felicitated by Digital Learning for ranking among the top schools of India
- Uttarakhand Youth Twenty-20 Cricket association and Institute of Professional studies mutually organised the 5th All India Best Personality Awards 2018. The management and the HOS were felicitated for the exemplary contribution to the field of education.
- Kasiga School added another feather to its cap on being declared a Green School by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) under its programme GSP Audit-2018. About 1700 leading schools all across the country had participated in this audit but finally, 117 were declared green, including Kasiga, for adopting “green practices” in the school.
- Kasiga School was given the ‘Paryavaran Rakshak’ award from the GRIHA council (Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment).
- The award was presented by Dr Ajay Mathur, Director General – The Energy and Research Institute (TERI). Kasiga School has been recognised for outstanding work in the field of environment & sustainability.
- Kasiga School was awarded ‘Green School Campus-2019” by Elets “Digital Learning-14th WES. The School also received a certification for being the green school campus and its contribution to making the campus a polythene/plastic-free campus.
- Principal Sonali Sinha is recognised and awarded as a ‘Future 50 Leader Shaping Success, 2019’ for successfully building a Comprehensive School Ecosystem and making students Future-ready.
- Kasiga School, Dehradun was ranked India’s #10 and Uttarakhand’s #3 Co-ed Boarding School in the Education World India School Rankings 2019-20.
- ‘Divya Himgiri’, the first weekly & premier magazine of Uttarakhand, had successfully completed their eight years of publication. On this occasion, they awarded Kasiga School for one of the best 25 schools with outstanding results in Secondary Education-2019.
Best Principal of the year 2019 by State Law Commission
Principal Sonali Sinha was felicitated with the Best Principal of the Year 2019 Award by State Law Commission, Uttrakhand in association with Human Rights Protection Centre, Uttrakhand.
Uttarakhand Football Ratna Award
Kasiga School is been awarded as “BEST SCHOOL” under the category of Uttarakhand Football Ratna awards by Dehradun Football Academy for its contributions towards the betterment of Football.
Best Football Coach 2019
Dehardun Football Academy has honoured Praveen Raj Singh Rawat with Uttarakhand Football Ratna Award- 2019 for being the Best Football Coach.
Rotary Club – Nation Builder Award
Rotary Club, Doon Shivalik Hills has a legacy to honour teachers for their outstanding contribution towards Child Development since 2002. In 2019, Sonali Sinha and Tarak Nath Dey were awarded the National Builder award.
The boarding houses at Kasiga School, Dehradun are designed very thoughtfully. There are 50 hostels and in each dorm, there is a study table and a beautifully designed pin-up board for every child to encourage him/her to creatively develop a personal space and also to do self-study. Each child has a window next to the bed to be able to enjoy the fresh air and draw inspiration from the soothing scenic beauty. With only 6 to 8 students in a room, the students bond like a family.