Founded in 2002, Khaitan Public School (KPS), Sahibabad is a co-educational English medium day school affiliated with the Central Board of secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. The school offers classes from toddler level to class XII. It offers a caring faculty team and state-of-the art infrastructure.
The school aims to provide highly enriching and supportive learning environment by offering programmes that foster academic excellence as well as holistic development of the children.
The 3.5 acre main campus of the school hosts 85 classrooms equipped with interactive boards, 40 activity rooms, well-equipped separate science laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The school also hosts a computer lab and Maths lab.
The Biology lab covers Chromatography, Pedigree Charts, Permanent Slides, and Museum Specimen. Chemistry lab includes some outstanding experiments such as Thermo chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, and Electrochemistry.
The well-stocked computerised library features 8000 books, judiciously selected journals and periodicals, and local and national dailies. All students from classes VI – XII are members of the school library.
Other facilities include well-equipped medical room with a qualified nurse and a visiting doctor, a well-designed cafeteria, and transportation facility.
KPS offers a 7 acre sports complex for senior school hosting 2 cricket pitches and 4 practice courts, shooting range, 3 synthetic basketball courts, 3 lawn tennis courts, table tennis, football, badminton, skating, chess, billiards and swimming.
Affiliated with CBSE, KPS offers schooling from toddler level through class XII. Some of the teaching methodologies followed by the school include:
1. XSEED – Junior wing follows XSEED. The XSEED way of learning sets the foundation for a child’s life as it ensures the child learns, knows, understands and applies.
2. International Primary Curriculum – The International Primary Curriculum (for classes I to III) empowers children to be creative and to initiate and direct their own learning and that of others, encouraging personal and interdependent working to resolve tasks and problems.
3. Experiential Learning – Focuses on experience as the source of learning and growth. It is based on the core concept that learning is a process where knowledge and understanding are derived from and continuously modified by the experiences that a learner goes through.
4. Thots – This programme is for classes I and II. At Thots lab, children learn to solve their problems. Thots lab is a new concept that provides children with thinking tools and lays stress on experiential learning.
5. Abacus – Abacus programme focuses to enhance the skills such as concentration, memory power, observation, analytical skill, self-confidence, logical and reasoning ability and better visualisation.
6. JAP (Junior Achievement Programme) – Junior Achievement programme (JAP) helps students choose the profession of their interest.
The school follows Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) pattern of assessment introduced by CBSE for all the classes.
Along with education, KPS encourages students to take part in various activities such as yoga, Indian music and dance, karate, art and crafts, adventure camp and excursions and trips.
Admission begins in the month of September.
For detailed information on admissions, please contact the school office.
Fees – Fee structure for academic session 2014-15 is as follows
Tuition fee per month
|Nursery||Rs. 33, 000/-||Rs. 3938/-|
|Prep||Rs. 33, 000/-||Rs. 3938/-|
|Class I to V||Rs. 33, 000/-||Rs. 4363/-|
|Class VI||Rs. 30, 000/-||Rs. 4091/-|
|Class VII||Rs. 30, 000/-||Rs. 4018/-|
|Class VIII||Rs. 30, 000/-||Rs. 4018/-|
|Class IX to X||Rs. 30, 000/-||Rs. 4300/-|
|Class XI to XII||Rs. 25000/-||Rs. 5030/-|
|Pre-nursery||Rs. 30, 000/-||Rs. 2915/-|
|Playgroup||Rs. 12, 000/-||Rs. 2750|
Khaitan Public School, Sahibabad is an ISO 9001:2008 certified school.
The school was conferred the ISA 2013–16 award by the British Council on May 2, 2013.