Founded in April 2012 by Gyan Sagar Foundation, Royal Global School (RGS), Guwahati is a co-ed day-cum-boarding school on a sparingly 23 acres campus of Royal Knowledge Park on the N.H. No:37 in Guwahati. The school offers K-12 schooling for the boys & girls from all over the country. The school is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi vide No. 230121 up to Sr. Secondary (10+2) level.
It’s a new generation progressive school committed to provide school education in a conducive experiential ways which encourage learning and are child centric. The campus and the building are eco-friendly and aesthetically designed by one of the best architecture firms Vijay Gupta & Co., New Delhi. The School Administration Block, Hostel and Sports complex are centrally Air Conditioned.
RGS has created a world class infrastructure with state-of-the-art facilities, fully equipped with modern amenities.
All the classrooms are hi-tech learning spaces with the introduction of Smart Class of Educomp. Besides, the school campus housesstate-of-the-art Mac Lab, Robotics Lab, 3D lab, Maths lab, English phonetics and language lab, well equipped ICT, science and computer laboratories and Visual & Performing Art Studios.
The spacious and well stocked open shelf library-cum-resource center facilitates research and in-depth study.
The School is well equipped with a comprehensive array of sporting facilities ….
1. Centrally Air-Conditioned Indoor Sports Complex (Rendezvous) which has Archery, Shooting, Taekwondo, Badminton, Squash, Table-Tennis, Billiards & Pool andGymnasium facilities along with all season swimming pool.
2. The outdoor sports facilities includes Soccer, Cricket, Hockey, Basketball, Lawn Tennis, Volley ball, Skating, Horse Riding, Rugby.
Being a Boarding School RGS is proud to have around 300 boarders accommodated in two hostels, viz. Amaltas(Boy) and Gulmohar (Girls). Each hostel has a separate refectory which serves wholesome purely vegetarian food.
The campus is under the CCTV surveillance system.
The school has a well-equipped infirmary under the charge of qualified Doctor and Resident Nurses.
The School is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi upto senior secondary level.
The kindergarten curriculum is drawn from a variety of education philosophies including Krishnamurthy, Reggio Emilia, and Maria Montessori, among others, and integrates children's physical, intellectual, social and emotional needs.
The elementary (class I-III) curriculum provides scope for the children to discover and joyfully explore the world, ask questions and build basic skills. The middle years curriculum (class IV-VIII) emphasizes on mastering the concepts and is encouraged to find out how things work, master concepts, apply knowledge and discover talents. The secondary and senior secondary curriculum encourages the students to solve complex problems, choose their career and be confident to face life's challenges.
Royal Global School has tied up with COGITO for providing consultation and advisory services to students in choosing their career paths.
The students are offered opportunities in public speaking, creative writing, debate, quiz and extempore. Inter-house and intra-class literary competitions are held weekly to give each student an opportunity to participate in such activities.
The school band and the school choir include some of the rarest talents in the form of vocalists, drummers and guitarists of repute. The performing arts department offers lessons in painting, craft, music (vocal and instrument), dance (Indian and Western) and drama.
Registration starts in November every year.
Parents may avail online registration facility.
The prospective parent or guardian should first register the child for the class for the particular year in which admission is sought.
The registration form duly filled in, along with the required registration fee, attested photocopy of the student’s birth certificate, two passport size recent colour photographs of the child with the name written behind each of the photographs needs to be submitted/sent immediately along with the filled registration form.
After scrutiny of the registration form, the school informs the parents about confirmation of registration along with the registration number.
Date and time of Admission Test/interview will be intimated to the parents by the school.
Following the admission test, the results will be communicated to the parents/guardians of selected students. However, the admission shall be treated as confirmed only if the fees and security deposit has been paid within the stipulated time.
Some of the major highlights of the School achievement are:
– Within the short time span of six months of its inception the school was adjudged 2nd in Assam and 35th in India under Boarding School Category by the Premier Market Research and Polling Company, C fore, Delhi on September, 2012.
– September’2013 –the best feather adorning the hat was the rewarding Certificate of Standing Rank 1 Day cum Boarding School in the entire North East by the Premier Market Research and Polling Company, C fore, Delhi.
– The first ever in-house music video, My Rainbow Race of Royal Global School was awarded the Best Music Video, 2013 in the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival, on 30th April 2013. My Rainbow Race, originally written and composed by the legendary folk song artist Pete Seegar. Published in 1973 and later the song was taken by United Nations for their propaganda to save the planet. Amongst a number of international submissions, eleven entries were nominated for the competition and Rainbow Race successfully secured the award of the Best Music Video, 2013.
– A team of students initiated the making of a short film named “And They Grew Up” based on the story of Ivan Cankar. The script and the song of the short film of duration 12 minutes. Directed, edited, cinematographed, choreographed, recorded, mixed, mastered, acted, sung etc. by the students under the guidance of skilled educators of the department the Film Making has already made its mark by bagging award of Best Short Film and Best Music in the prestigious 2nd Mumbai International Short Film Festival, 2013.
– Royal Global School was adjudged 2nd in Assam and 2nd in Guwahati under Day cum Boarding School Category by the Premier Market Research and Polling Company, C fore, Delhi in the year 2014.
– Royal Global School, Guwahati added another feather to its cap by winning the award “The Best start-up” school in the 4th World Education Summit 2014 held in Delhi at EROS hotel on 7th and 8th August 2014. Hon’. Minister of Minority affairs Smt. Nazma Heptulla, awarded the prize. It was a great honor for RGS to be bestowed with such a prestigious award for the project titled ‘School for Change.’
– Royal Global School was adjudged 2nd in Assam and 21st in India under Day cum Boarding School Category by the Premier Market Research and Polling Company, C fore, Delhi on September, 2015.
Hostel facility is available for boys and girls from class VI onwards. The hostel offers centrally air-conditioned rooms under the personal care of the housemaster. Nourishing and wholesome meals are served in the dining halls with the hostel wardens supervising breakfast, lunch, evening tea and supper.