Is your cupboard crammed with balls of all shapes and sizes? Are different types of nets piled up in corners of the house? Do you use your dining table for table tennis?
If you are the sporty kind, you know what we are talking about here. If you are not, you don’t know what you are missing! Here are some great ideas to help you explore the world of sports. So what are you waiting for? Get on your marks, get set and go!
1. Ditch your x-box and gather your neighbourhood friends to play ball. It could be cricket, India’s favourite game to start with. Spice life up with weekend mega matches with parents as spectators.
2. Nail a basketball net on one side of your garden wall or garage. Do a round of dribbling and shoot a few baskets every morning before you head to school. Its a great workout routine!
3. Convert your dining table into a makeshift sports spot. Attach a readymade net to the centre of the table and have family fun playing table tennis!
4. If you live in a high-rise building, secure two ropes, a foot apart from each other, from the balcony grill of whichever floor you are on. First floor works best. The ropes must be at least three feet off the ground. Now go to the ground floor and do some strength training by swinging and hanging on the ropes!
5. For lazy ones who love the indoors, you still have some interesting options. Take out the dusty carrom board and hone your skills. Or play table tennis.
6. How about joining a skating class and learning something new? The speed that comes with rolling on wheels is exhilirating!
There are hundreds of different sports you could try! Don’t hesitate to try something new. If a game doesn’t suit you, you can always ditch it any time! So, get moving and have fun!
– Stephanie Daniel