Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering (SSNCE) is a well reputed engineering institution sited at Rajiv Gandhi Salai in Chennai. It is an ISO 9001:2000 certified institute affiliated with Anna University, Chennai. SSN was founded in 1996 by Padma Bhushan, Dr. Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman, HCL Technologies. The institution is reckoned among the top engineering institutes in the state and one of the best private colleges in the country.
SSN strongly favors merit when it comes to admissions, and also considers students from all financial backgrounds by providing appropriate scholarships. It is known for its diverse community of students, varied programs, 230 proficient faculty members, top-notch amenities and residential accommodation sprawling over 250 acres. There are over 5000 students, and the student teacher ratio is quite favorable at 1:12.
90 percent of SSN students are placed in well-reputed companies every year. The institute conducts training and counseling activities for final year students, and has career awareness sessions, model aptitude tests, mock group discussions and interviews for optimum performance in the recruitment process.
SSN College of Engineering offers world class facilities and a residential campus set on a sprawling 250 acres of sylvan surroundings. SSN provide a variety of stimulating environments for intellectual development, free thinking, and personal growth, challenging its students with dynamic learning opportunities and equipping them with the skills, insights, attitudes and practical experiences that are necessary to take up responsibilities in the society.
While students at SSN immerse themselves in academics, the college has a lot in store for them outside the classroom. Student life includes participation in sports, recreational, cultural & co-curricular activities. In short, at SSN, students will find an academic and social environment where everyone, from faculty members to peers help shape their future.
SSN is a home to aesthetically designed buildings with state of the-art computer and internet facilities, modern workshops, seminar halls, auditoriums and well stocked libraries, sports and games fields in addition to an indoor stadium with gymnasium.
The B.E./B.Tech programs are eight semesters (four years) in duration. The M.E/M.Tech programs are four semesters (two years) in duration. All the PG programs are residential. Evaluations are carried out according to the norms of Anna University and consist of both internal evaluations and regular examinations. The teaching methodology focuses on classroom lectures, guest lectures, self-learning, assignments, projects, practical sessions, periodical evaluation and feedback.
B.E.- Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Computer Science and Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Bio-Medical Engineering/Civil Engineering
B.Tech.- Information Technology/Chemical Engineering
M.E.- Communication Systems/Computer Science and Engineering/Applied Electronics/Power Electronics and Drives/VLSI Design/Software Engineering/Energy Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/Medical Electronics
M.Tech.- Information Technology/Environmental Science and Technology
The B.E./B.Tech courses are the flagships programs at SSN. The admissions to these courses is strictly by merit. There are currently eight B.E./B.Tech programs offered at SSN. Out of the total seats 65 percent are filled up through single window counselling. The seats offered by SSN are filled up within the first few days of counselling with significant high cut-off marks. The remaining 35 percent seats of the management quota are also offered through merit. 25 seats are earmarked for students who excel in both their academics and sports and 25 for toppers of Government rural schools of Tamil Nadu. Apart from this as part of walk-in-walk-out scholarship 15 State board toppers are offered free education at SSN.
SSN was ranked 44 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020 and 83 overall.
SSN is ranked among the top 10 private engineering institutes in the Education World India Engineering Colleges Rankings 2020-21.
The SSN College offers on-campus accommodation facilities to its students. Living spaces on campus are aesthetic, spacious and comfortable, and built to international standards, including separate arrangements for boys and girls. All facilities are fully air conditioned.