St. George’s Girls Grammar School is an all-girl day school affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi. The school was established by the Church of England in 1834 to cater to the educational needs of the children of the British community serving the government in Hyderabad.
Post independence, the school was handed over to the newly formed Church of South India.
St. George’s Grammar School hosts three campuses, the Boys’ School that houses the original 1834 St. George’s Building, the Girls’ School, and Preparatory School. The Girl’s School hosts a playground, with facilities for basketball and long jump besides a well stocked library, contemporary laboratories, well ventilated classrooms and a play area.
The school follows the ICSE curriculum; subjects taught are English language, English Literature, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit (till class VII), Telugu, history and civics, accounting, commerce, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, home science and socially useful productive work (SUPW).
Extracurricular: The school promotes sports activities including track and field athletics, basketball, chess, caroms, badminton and table tennis.
Please contact the school office for information fees and admissions.
Established by the Church of England in 1834, St Georges Girls Grammar School is one of the oldest schools in Hyderabad.