St. John’s Parish School, Vishakapatnam is a coeducational day school affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi. Originally started in the 19th century for Eurasian kids, the school closed down a few years later. It was restarted in 1967 by the late Mrs. Kathleen deLima, wife of Mr. Alfred W. deLima, ex Deputy Chairman, Visakhapatnam Port Trust. The school is being managed by the Parish Committee.
Sited within the St John’s Church compound, the school hosts a beautiful chapel constructed in 1844 and lush green lawns. The school building houses spacious classrooms, a well-stocked library, well-equipped labs and conference hall. The school also has a vast playground with facilities for various sports and games.
Offering the ICSE curriculum, the school uses an integrated methodology that combines traditional learning as well as modern techniques of education. It offers schooling from nursery through class X.
Extracurricular activities include dance, drama, music, art, creative writing and debate, besides various sports activities. Students are coached in cricket, football, hockey, basketball and athletics.
G S Narayani
The school’s admission process is conducted in January and February. The school office can be contacted for further information.
Please contact the school office for information regarding fee structure.
St John’s Parish School is one of the oldest schools in Vishakapatnam, started in the mid 19th century; the school is held in high regard for its academic achievements, infrastructure and extracurricular exposure.
Being a day school, St John’s Parish School, Vishakapatnam does not offer accommodation facility.