Promoted in 1999, St. Michael’s School, Siliguri, is a residential boys school that also welcomes day scholars. In less than two decades, St Michael’s School, Siliguri has emerged as the frontrunner amongst schools in the region, with academic and co-curricular achievements that stand second to none.
Affiliated with the Delhi based Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), the school aims at imparting quality education, which helps to mould the character of the students, resulting in the all-round development of the mind, body, and spirit – living up to the school’s motto “come let us live for our children”.
Sprawled over approximately 6 acres, St. Michael’s School, Siliguri hosts 34 classrooms and four well equipped laboratories including biology lab, physics lab, chemistry lab and computer lab, among a host of other academic facilities.
To help enhance students’ interest towards effective learning, an inquiry-based approach to learning is adopted along with collaborative learning, emphasising on a constructive method by bringing in visualisation and taking the help of smartboards in the classroom.
Affiliated with the Delhi based CISCE examination board, St. Michael’s School, Siliguri offers nursery-class X education. Outdoor practical experience is also initiated for effective learning beyond the classroom. Besides, the school has tied up with GETI (Global Education & Training Institute) for two-three days on a quarterly basis.
Head of Institute
Teacher Student Ratio
No of Students
Cricket, football, basket ball, volley ball, athletics and trekking.
St. Michael’s School, Siliguri strictly follows the age criteria laid down by the CICSE council. Parents must collect the admission form from the school office. The forms are available between the 2nd week of September to November 30. An admission test is conducted for classes nursery to class VII. If a student clears the exam, they need to pay the admission fee and confirm admission.
Awards and encomiums
- Recipient of the Brainfeed Excellence Awards among the top 500 schools in India for being best in ICSE school in the categories of influential school brand, academic excellence, sports education, emergent school 2020;
- Best residential school in Darjeeling in the national education leadership awards 2018, held in Kolkata.
- Best residential school award in West Bengal from the National School award 2018 held in New Delhi.
- Best school in academic excellence in West Bengal from the National School Award 2018 held in EW Delhi.
- ‘AAAA’ certified school by careers 360 for 2018 & 2019.
- Minervaa Edu Achievement Award for being the top ICSE school and best residential school in West Bengal for 2018.
- Jury choice award from Minervaa for being the no 1 school in West Bengal for the year 2018.
- Deputy director of St Michael’s School Robin Chakravarti was conferred with a certification of recognition from Elets in the 8th school leadership summit held in Indore organised by digital learning in the year 2018
- Arup Ghosh and Sagina Ghosh, teachers at St Michael’s School received the Minerva edu. Achievement awards as the top 10 teachers/ coordinator in West Bengal in the year 2018.
ICSE 2020: Piyush Dalmia with 98.2% stood 1st in the school, Subham Agarwala & Subh Agarwal with 97.8% stood 2nd in the school.
Total number of students who sat for the exam: 121
Total number of students who passed the exam: 121
80 students scored 90% and above
38 students scored 80%and above
3 students scored 70% and above.
ICSE batch average – 90.97%
ICSE 2019: Mayank Kejriwal with 98.4% stood 1st in North Bengal & Abhay Gupta with 98.2% stood 2nd in North Bengal & Ankit Agarwal with 98.00% stood 3rd in North Bengal.
Total number of students who sat for the exam: 134
Total number of students who passed the exam: 134
84 students scored 90% and above;
46 students scored 80%and above;
3 students scored 70% and above;
1 student scored 60% and above.
ICSE 2018: Apurb Agarwal with 98.6% stood 3rd in West Bengal (State) and 1st in North Bengal (District) in the ICSE 2018 Examinations. He stood 5th in India.
Total number of students who sat for the exam: 120
Total number of students who passed the exam: 120
18 students scored 95% and above;
53 students scored 90% and above;
31 students scored 85% and above;
12 students scored 80% and above;
6 students 70% and above.
Whiz Google Challenge 2019: Jayesh Agarwal of class 10 has been given the title of Google Pro for coming first in the Whiz Google Challenge. Whiz Google is a nationwide intellectual challenge where students compete to Learn, Practise and master 36+ Google courses to improve creativity, efficiency & productivity.
- Siddhant Kumar & Kaustubh Kumar Thakur stood Runners Up in Mind Wars Quiz Contest (Season 1) 2020 All India Finals 2019 held in Delhi.
- Atharvajeet Singh of class 7 & Lakshya Aryan of class 8 stood Runners Up in Wild Wisdom Quiz All India Finals 2019 held in Delhi on November 19, 2019.
- Regional winners and National finalist of National level Quiz on Mahatma Gandhi: Life & Work 2018-19.
- Won third place at the Inter-School Conclave Quiz organised by Mayo College Girls Ajmer 2018-19
- Regional winners of Petroleum Conservative Research Association Inter-School Quiz 2018-19.
- Regional winners and National level runners up at quiz on water resources- organized by Central Water Commission (2018).
- Winners of Confluence Quiz 2018 organised by Singapore International School, Mumbai.
- Winners of the B.K. Birla Pune Quiz 2018 and B.K. Birla Kalyan Quiz 2018.
- Winners of Wild Wisdom Quiz held in Assembly of God Church Kolkata for both junior level as well as senior level. The senior team has now qualified for the National Finals 2018.
Govind Sarda stood 3rd in all India Link Spell Well competition 2020 held in Kolkata.
Govind Sarda & Devkanto Bhagat stood 10th in Nationals mega finals of Wiz Spell Bee competition, which is held on December 28 and 29, 2019 in Coimbatore.
Subham Agarwal of class 9 came third in ClassMate Spell Bee Season 11 and won a cash prize of Rs 50,000. He also stood first at the Classmate Spell Bee city level (Kolkata) competition.
Garv Jain and Subham Agarwal qualified for Classmate Spell Bee 2018
Around 3,00,000 students participated across India in Classmate Spellbee Season 12. In the end only 16 spellers were short listed for the National level. Devkanto Bhagat of class 6 and Govind Sarda of class 7 of St Michael’s school, Siliguri were also among the top 16 National finalists. They competed with Class 8 & 9 students.
Wiz National Spell Bee 2018:
The following boys have qualified for the National Finals of the Wiz National Spell Bee 2018:
- Subham Agarwala of Class- IX stood 2nd
- Ritesh Ranjan of Class-IX stood 3rd
- Sagnik Sen of Class- VII stood 4th
- Garv Jain of Class- IX stood 5th
- Govind Sarda of Class- VI stood 7th
Science Exhibitions and Fairs
- Won second place in North Bengal Science Seminar and thus selected for the state level in Kolkata where they stood 4th position (2019).
- Winners of the North Bengal Science Seminar 2018.
- Runners up of the State Science Seminar 2018.
Model United Nations
- 2nd runners up in IIMUM Kolkata Anurag Satyarthy and Ritweek Rana won the best delegate (2018-19).
- 1st Runners up in the IIMUM Jalpaiguri. Mayank Agarwal won the Best Delegate. Students also won 1 high commendation and 2 special mentions (2018-19).
- 2nd runners up among 90 participant schools in the International IIMUN Nepal Chapter (2018-19).Anurag Satyarthi won the best delegate award for the International IIMUN Nepal Chapter. This amongst 1200 students.
Sports and outdoor activities
Taekwondo Black Belt Exam 2020:
- Biboswan Barman and Yug Agarwal were given their Black Belts recently by the West Bengal ITF President- Biplab Laskar on 3rd February 2020.
- St Michael’s stood first at 3rd Bengal State Taekwondo Championship IITF 2019 at Siliguri.
- St Michael’s won three silver & six bronze medals at the 3rd South Asian Open Taekwondo ITF Championship 2019 at New Delhi.
- 2nd Open National Taekwondo Championship 2018 held at Malda. Our boys won 3 gold, 4 silver and 4 bronze.
- 14th National ITF Taekwondo Championship 2018 held at Siliguri. Our boys won 3 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze.
- 15th National ITF Taekwondo Championship 2018 held in Panaji, Goa. Our boys won 6 Gold medals, 6 Silver medals & 14 Bronze medals.
Ronald Sarkar qualified for the 79th Cadet and Sub –Junior National Table Tennis Championships. (2018).
- Runners up of C.I.S.C.E Regional Sports & Games 2019.
- Champion of N.B.S Cup 2019.
- Champions of the Sub Division (Under 15 inter-school) cricket tournament (2017-18) organised by The Cricket Association of Bengal.
- Altaf Alam of class 9 has been selected for the under 15 West Bengal cricket team by SSPF camp. (2018)
- Champion at School India season 3, Darjeeling district
- Champion of the Don Bosco Friendship Cup in the year 2019 and the sub-junior Don Bosco Friendship Cup in the year 2018.
- Sayan Sarkar won gold in the 4th West Bengal Shito – Ryu Karate Championships 2018
- Dhurava Goel of Class 9 stood 3rd in All India Open Karate Championship 2019 Under 14 Boys.
- Champion of the 6th N Sadiq Memorial Inter-School Football Tournament 2019 by Jermel’s Academy.
- Champions of Inter School Football Tournament 2019-20 by Auxilium Convent School Siliguri.
- Winner’s of SSPF District Tournament 2019. Aryan Dev, Manash Dipta Ray, Ralph Fedrick Jordon are selected for the under 15 West Bengal Football team 2019.
- Senior and junior teams were the champions of the HIRS Competition 2019.
- The under 14 boys and under 17 athletics teams were winners of under Athletics Championship 2019 organized by CISCE Regional Sports & Games 2019.
- Crowned district champions of Jalpaiguri at SSPF 2018, a district level Inter School Athletic Championship
- Winners of the Sadar West Zone champions 2019.
- Nilavo Dhar stood 3rd in the district for short put 2019.
Following students – Piyush Dalma, Saksham Agarwal, Subh Agarwal, Prashant Priyadarshi, Ayush Chandak, Kushal Agarwal are selected for state Basketball championship 2019.
Dhruv Nahata of class 6 stood first in the District Roller Skating Competition 2019.
Rishav Pareek with 97.8% stood 1st in the school
Total number of students who sat for the exam: 168
Total number of students who passed the exam: 168
136 students scored 90% and above
32 students scored 80%and above
ICSE batch average – 93.3%
St. Michael’s School, Siliguri hosts seven well furnished hostels that can accommodate 607 students.