Promoted by the HPS Society, Begumpet (estb.1923), the Hyderabad Public School, Kadapa (HPS-K) was inaugurated by Dr.Y.S.Rajasekhar Reddy, the then chief minister of Andhra Pradesh on August 3, 2005. The school is a co-educational, English Medium, day boarding cum residential school affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE), New Delhi.
Initially sited on a 11.2 acre leased plot at Rayachoti Road, the school was later shifted to its own 25 acre campus opposite New RIMS.
Keeping in line with the school motto “BE VIGILANT”, the management and staff of HPS-K encourage young students to be mentally alert and physically ready and help sharpen their vision to deal with the challenges of life.
HPS-K is the only CISCE affiliated school in Kadapa with a hundred-year legacy of educational excellence.
Sited amidst verdant surroundings away from the din and bustle of the city, HPS-K’s sprawling 25 acre campus hosts 27 spacious classrooms of which 22 are equipped with Smart boards.
The well resourced biology, chemistry, physics, IT and language labs are equipped with interactive Smarts boards with advanced software.
Other facilities include an air-conditioned separate pre-primary block with child-friendly furniture and an AC bus for the transportation of children.
HPS-K follows a holistic approach to imparting learning and offers an inclusive learning environment for all students. Children are encouraged to engage in active learning through the experiential mode. Connecting knowledge across disciplinary boundaries helps provide a broader framework for insightful construction of knowledge.
The various forms of learner engagement at HPS-K include observation, exploration, discovery, analysis, critical reflection, among others.
The school curriculum from the pre-primary through the senior secondary stage involves the pedagogic potential of work as a pedagogic medium in knowledge acquisition, developing values and multiple skill formation.
The school also conducts professional career counseling for students.
Sports & co-curricular education
The school accords high priority to sports and games along with the co-curricular activities and the sprawling playground is equipped with the required sports equipment.
HPS-K’s Clubs and Hobbies Programme includes 30 clubs to cater to a wide variety of interests. Awareness programmes, guest lectures from eminent personalities are conducted regularly. Students also participate in community outreach programmes, organic farming initiatives, educational field trips and excursions.
Head of Institute
U Srinivasa Murthy
Teacher Student Ratio
Boys and girls
No of Students
Cricket, Tennis, Basketball, Football, Throwball, Hockey, Table Tennis, Chess, Yoga, Taekwondo
- Admission notification is released in the newspaper and website with brief details.
- Age criteria for admission is as stipulated by CISCE, New Delhi.
- Admission for classes PP-1, PP-2 & Class I takes place through ‘Draw of lots’ and only with the applications registered in a given time.
- For Class I, admission process is divided into category wise ‘Draw of lots’ i.e. OC, BC, SC & ST.
- For classes II–IX, admission is based on vacancies for new admission. Students need to write an assessment/aptitude test.
- Provisional admission letter, fee structure, fee challan will be issued for the payment of school fee for students who get qualified.
- Students should submit the physical fitness certificate/ appear before a Medical Board constituted by the management for verification of physical fitness and verification and age. The decision of the Medical Board shall be final in all respects.
RULES FOR ADMISSION
- Registration forms along with the view folder for admission are issued on payment of Rs.300/- each in cash. (Optional-Additional Rs. 300/- for prospectus)
- A non-refundable registration fee of Rs.750/- per candidate, payable through challan A/c payee draft in favor of “The Hyderabad Public School, Kadapa”, should accompany the application form.
- A preschool candidate seeking admission into Class I should be between 5 and 6 years of age as on May 31 of the year in which admission is sought. Age for the other classes will be calculated accordingly.
Academic year 2019-2020
- Ameena (Class X), N.Saranya Reddy, G.Pradeepthi, S.Rashmi, K.Maharishitha, K.Siri, G.Moksha Reddy, Likita (VIII) Guru Nanditha (VII) S.Arifa (VII) and Akhila (VI) participated in the CISCE Throwball tournament and reached the semifinals.
- S.Ameena of Class X has been selected to represent HPS-K at the national level Throwball tournament to be held in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- CISCE Chess Event: E.Darshini Reddy (IX) and Y.Rupesh Reddy (VI) were selected for the national level to be held at Amritsar, Punjab.
- The school cricket team participated in the CISCE Under 14 cricket tournaments at Hyderabad and reached quarter finals.
- Prabhas (IX) was given the best All Rounder Award at
- The students of HPS-K participated in the CISCE Volleyball tournament held at Little Flower school, Guntur and reached the quarter finals.
- Rupesh (VI) got selected for SGF national level chess competition held in New Delhi and reached the quarter finals.
- In the district level cricket tournament conducted by the Andhra Cricket Association, T.Harshith Shastri and T.Pranav were selected for the south zone competition held at Venkatagiri.
- N.Md.Fazil and C.Sphruthy Reddy partcipated in the CISCE Regional Quiz held at Visakhapatnam and stood third.
- S.Veda of Class IV bagged third position in the LIC Drawing Competition held in August 2020.
- SOF Olympiads: Five HPS-K students bagged gold medals in IMO and IEO and were selected for the second level. One student bagged gold medal in NSO and was selected for the second level.
No. of hostels: One block for boys.
No. of students accommodated: 60