- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large sliced garlic cloves
- 4 cups peeled, chopped, and seeded tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 250 ml milk and two tsp milk powder
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (you can use coriander leaves as well)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over low heat and add garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, onion, carrot, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer until the onion is soft and translucent, for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in an immersion blender.
- Now cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes adding milk, milk powder and corn.
- Serve soup in six bowls. Top with basil or coriander leaves and serve.