University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia has recently announced scholarships to attract and support high-achieving students from India to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate study at UNSW. The last date for applying is May 30, 2017.
The scholarships will be offered as one of the following:
Scholarship 1: A tuition fee scholarship offer worth $10,000 per annum, for the minimum duration of the programme. There are 10 offers available for this scholarship.
Scholarship 2: A full tuition fee scholarship, for the minimum duration of programme. There is one offer available for this scholarship.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
– Be a citizen of India, and not a permanent resident of Australia; and
– Must be residing in India, prior to commencing study at UNSW; and
– Must have submitted a scholarships application; and
– Must have applied and received an offer of admission into a UNSW undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme; and
– Have achieved a minimum academic result, as demonstrated in their UNSW admission application of:
– All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) a minimum of 1 point over the academic entry requirement; or
– Indian School Certificate (ISC) a minimum of 2 points over the academic entry requirement; or
– International Baccalaureate (IB) – at least 2 points over academic programme entry; or
– GCE A Levels – at least 1 point over programme entry; or
– Completion of a recognised bachelor degree in India with a minimum grade equivalent to a UNSW GPA of 70.
– Submitted a digital video testimonial of how a scholarship at UNSW will help them achieve their aspirations.
Criteria for selection
– Each applicant will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
– Academic merit; and
– The digital video testimonial
Shortlisted applicants are not required to attend an interview.
Interested students need to have achieved above a certain academic level and they need to submit a video with their application by 30/05/2017.
How to Apply
Students can apply via the UNSW Scholarships “My Application Online” form. Please visit http://www.international.unsw.edu.au/India to learn more and apply.