As per the latest attempt at digitising the fundamental operations of administration, the Uttar Pradesh government has started the much-awaited UP BHU Naksha Online Service. Through this, the interested parties can view, download and print their land map and ownership details from the website. This service is free to be availed by the citizens and will help them in checking land records and download a certified map report to be used further. This effort by the state government, along with the setting up of UP Jansunwai and Anti Bhu Mafia portal in 2017 is a strong step to tackle the crisis of illegal land grab in the state and is sure to yield great results. The software has been created under the tutelage of the National Informatics Centre. In this article, we will present you with all the necessary information on how to access it.
How to Use the UP BHU Naksha Online Service
Follow the given steps to check your land and ownership details online.
- Visit the official website of UP BHU Naksha.
- Write in the relevant details as to state, district, tehsil and village.
- In ‘land type’ dropdown, you can click on the ‘Show Land Type Details’ which will throw up the details of whether the land is cultivated/farmland, barren, government land. Etc.
- Zoom in on the selected land section to know the boundaries, ownership details, khasra, khatauni, etc.
- View or download the ‘Map Report’ from the given map report link. It can also be download as a pdf report.
- You can contact at 0522-2217145 or send a mail to [email protected] for any queries or grievances in case you are not able to view your land details or if it needs to be updated.
- Alternatively, you can download the various applications on Google Play Store and Apple App Store to view such land record and details but these are not official apps and may contain incorrect or un-updated information.
- Note: The data obtained is only for informational purposes and can’t be utilised for legal purposes.
Regions that have been Digitised
Here is a list of the regions that have been digitised and the records of which are available on the UP BHU Naksha Online Service. If your region does not appear, it may be in process.
|Ambedkar Nagar||Kanpur Dehat||Balrampur||Maharajganj|
|Firozabad||Sant Kabir Nagar||Gonda||Shrawasti|
|Gautam Buddha Nagar||Sant Ravidas Nagar (Bhadohi)||Ghaziabad|
This service has come in the wake of massive land grab and illegal construction in the state by land mafia. Illegal selling of government and private properties has been gnawing away at the system for the last few decades. The introduction of the UP BHU Naksha Online Service will help prospective and current property buyers to check and validate their properties through an official source. Further, it also arms the government to nab the fraudsters who may have hijacked government or unauthorised land until now. Incorporating the power of the internet can prove to be a major game-changer.
This step was implemented under the National Land Records Modernization Programme (NLRMP) by merging the Strengthening of Revenue Administration and Updating of Land Records (SRA&ULR) and the Land Records (CLR) in the Ministry of Rural Development’s Department of Land Resources (DoLR). Transparency and Clarity to the citizens was and is the foremost objective behind this decision as well as to conclude the various land disputes in the region. Further, this will also help in curtailing the number and frequency of such disputes in future.
Also read: Uttar Pradesh: Tight vigilance fallout