Jobs in Education System
Banner Final-07
school

UP Cabinet Approves Renovation Plan for Secondary Schools

June 7, 2023

Nishant Saxena

In a significant development, the Uttar Pradesh government has revealed its plans to renovate the aging and dilapidated buildings of all secondary schools across the state. The decision was made during a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.

Finance Minister Suresh Khanna, through a press statement, provided further details regarding the cabinet’s decision, stating that 75 percent of the renovation costs would be covered by the government, with the remaining 25 percent to be borne by the respective schools. To meet their share of the redevelopment expenses, schools have the option to utilize their corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds. Additionally, funds from Members of Parliament (MP) and Members of Legislative Assembly (MLA) can also be allocated for this ambitious project, Khanna added.

It is worth noting that a similar scheme was introduced last year, in which both the government and the school management committee had to contribute 50 percent each towards the renovation costs. However, due to limited participation from schools under the previous scheme, amendments were made to increase the government’s share to 75 percent, the minister explained.

Under the latest redevelopment scheme, which encompasses private schools as well, the government will prioritize schools that are more than 50 years old, followed by those that are 40 and 30 years old, as outlined in an official government statement. The renovation works will encompass various aspects, including the construction of floors, roofs, and separate toilets for girls, among other essential enhancements. Special attention will be given to ensuring that the infrastructure meets the required standards.

This initiative showcases the Uttar Pradesh government’s commitment to providing improved educational facilities for students by rejuvenating the infrastructure of secondary schools. The renovation project aims to create a conducive learning environment, ultimately contributing to the overall development and progress of the state’s education system.

Also Read: UP Government to organise camps to spread awareness about edu sector initiatives

Posted in News, States
Current Issue
EducationWorld July 2024
ParentsWorld July 2024

Access USA Alliance
Access USA
Xperimentor
WordPress Lightbox Plugin