The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday, September 4, 2020, informed the Supreme Court that the compartment exams were likely to be conducted by September-end, as per Bar and Bench. More than 2 lakh students of class 10 and 12 are supposed to appear in these exams. The Supreme Court was hearing the petitions filed by students, led by Anika Samvedi, seeking cancellation of compartment exams.
A three-judge bench headed by Justice AM Khanwilkar issued the notice on the petitions filed by students led by Anika Samvedi. The Court directed CBSE to file its response by September 7 and posted the matter for hearing on September 10.
Advocate Roopesh Kumar, appearing for CBSE, said all necessary precautions will be taken keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind. He added that the board planned to have 1,278 examination centres this time, compared to 575 last year. Kumar said the CBSE will make arrangements so that only 12 students sit in a single classroom this year.
The CBSE had cancelled the remaining class 10 and 12 exams, scheduled between July 1 and July 15 and the board will conduct the examinations when the conditions are conducive.
Source: ScrollNational, News