The Karnataka government on Wednesday announced that all colleges in the state will reopen from October. Deputy CM and higher education minister Dr. CN Ashwath Narayana said that the online classes for various degree courses will begin in September and offline classes will start from October.
The education department is waiting for protocols from the union government that need to be followed to conduct offline classes and a few degree exams. All colleges in Karnataka will reopen in October and students are expected to attend offline classes in person.
Highlights of the announcement by the Karnataka government:
- Academic year for various degree courses will commence from September 1 with online classes.
- Offline classes will begin in October and students are expected to attend classes in person.
- Preparations to reopen colleges as per protocols/ guidelines on safety are underway.
- Final year examinations will be scheduled for all the undergraduate, diploma and engineering students once the academic year begins.
- Arrear exams will also be conducted.
The state government had also conducted the SSLC board examinations and the pre-university examinations in June.
The government is yet to announce about reopening of schools and pre-university colleges.
Till date, Karnataka has reported 2.92 lakh Covid-19 cases and 4,958 deaths.
Source: India TVNews, States