What is NEET?
The NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to medical courses like MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and Veterinary in government and private institutions in India.
- On February 8, 2021, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said the NEET 2021 exams will be conducted twice a year.
- The exam will be conducted based on the CBSE reduced syllabus
- Official clarity on NEET 2021 syllabus and exam pattern with respect to choice of optional questions is still awaited.
- NEET UG 2021 exam date: August 1, 2021
- Last day to submit application: To be announced
- Result declaration: To be announced
Fees to pay: Rs 1500
As per the National Board of Examinations (NBE):
- Must have attend the minimum age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2021
- Candidates appearing for Class 12 or equivalent in summer 2021 can also apply for the exams
- Candidate must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as core subjects
How to apply
- Go to official website: ntaneet.nic.in
- Register for NEET 2021
- Fill all the mandatory fields in the online form and upload required documents
- Complete the process by paying the stipulated fee
- Take a printout of the confirmation page and keep it for future reference
NEET 2021 Counselling
The date for NEET 2021 counselling is yet to be announced
- National-level counselling for admission to MBBS and BDS courses to be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)
- State-level counselling for admission to MBBS and BDS courses to be conducted by various representatives of the state governments
- AYUSH counselling will be conducted for admission to BAMS, BHMS, BUMS
What to carry on the exam day?
NEET 2021 admit card
Two passport size photographs (preferably same as the one submitted with the application form)
A valid photo Id proof (Driving Licence, PAN Card, Passport/ Aadhaar card)
PWD Certificate (if applicable)
Email: [email protected]