Education Unites World
ISRA 2020

Gujarat University: 10% seats reserved for CBSE, ICSE students

July 17, 2020

As the admission process in colleges affiliated to Gujarat University in Arts, Commerce and Science stream is underway, Gujarat University has reserved 10 percent seats for CBSE and ICSE students, who have just received their results.

Due to the pandemic situation, the Gujarat university admission process has been shifted to online mode and has further decided that the start of the process of PIN distribution and online registration will begin from August 20.  According to reports, under the university, 90 percent of the seats are reserved for Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) students. The remaining 10 percent is reserved for students of other boards, including central boards.

According to sources, ”About 4,100 seats are reserved in five courses including commerce for students of CBSE and other boards. Similarly, about 6,000 seats are reserved in science and arts courses.”

The admission process for the Gujarat board students has already been begun but was delayed due to the pandemic. However, it is planning to resume the session soon. Online registrations will be made from July 27 -31 for Gujarat board students.

Sources also added that the online PIN distribution process will continue until July 30 and the dates for the next admission schedule will be announced once the registration is completed by July 31.

Earlier, the Gujarat government decided to keep all schools closed and promote students of Classes 1 to 9 and 11 of the state board, as the annual exams this year could not be conducted due to the coronavirus crisis.

Source: Times Now

Also read: Private schools mustn’t cancel students’ admission for not paying fees: Gujarat HC

Posted in News, States
Current Issue
EducationWorld July 2020
ParentsWorld June 2020

Certificate Program in Virtual Teaching
India School Rankings 2020
Renaissance Learning
Financepeer and EducationWorld
ECCE Yatra 2020
WordPress Lightbox Plugin

Send this to a friend