A nationally reputed K-12 institution, Gurukul The School, Ghaziabad (GTS, estb. 2002) offers a holistic 21st century education rooted in Indian culture and traditions to its 2500 students mentored by 220 teachers. Promoted by Sachin Vats, an internationally renowned educationist, the CBSE-affiliated GTS is routinely ranked among Delhi-NCR’s top co-ed day schools in the annual EducationWorld India School Rankings.
“At Gurukul The School, we believe that education not only follows but also contributes to social change. Our goal is to educate the child and influence the home. We live out this faith through transforming our belief in school culture that reflects our words. Gurukul is a school with an international outlook focusing on global trends and traditional Indian values empowering the young learners to become world citizens,” says Sachin Vats, founder-director, GTS.
Gurukul The School Leader
An engineering alumnus of Pune University, Sachin is a Gold Medalist in Chemical Engineering with a Masters qualification in Human Resource and Education Management. He believes that children are uniquely blessed and education must be channelised to bring out the best of their ingenuity. Under his leadership, Gurukul has evolved from a small offshoot of primary school with 20 students to a leading national brand brimming with over 3000 students in two well-established branches.
Vats has been a speaker and a panelist in many international and national conferences and seminars. He also serves as the president of District Kurash Association and senior vice president of District Hockey Association. He is a recipient of the ‘Emerging Leader in Education’ award of AsiaOne magazine, Education Stalwarts Award of Education Today and Modern Leader Preserving Indian Tradition award of Mind Mingle. A major donor to The Rotary Foundation, Vats continuously strives for excellence in education, while nurturing a continued reverence for the legacy of core values of respect, honesty, fairness, compassion and responsibility.
Excellent blend of Academics, Sports and Co-Curricular Education
Committed to the holistic development of students, the Gurukul The School management has invested generously in a world class infrastructure for sports and co-curricular education. The school’s expansive 8 acre campus hosts facilities for several sports such as Athletics, Cricket, Horse-Riding, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Netball, Judo, Skating, Taekwondo, and Volleyball. Specialised training is also provided by professional coaches in these sporting disciplines.
GTS’ generous investment in sports and co-curricular education has paid rich dividends over the years in the form of laurels won at inter-school, district, state, national and international platforms by the students including the CBSE National Hockey tournament, National Yoga Championships, CBSE North Zone Judo Championships and National Kurash Championships year after year.
Likewise, Gurukulites have won several plaudits in debating, performing arts, dance, theatrical and Model United Nations events. Gurukulites have also excelled in the National Level CBSE Science exhibition multiple times.
Ensuring learning continuity amid Covid-19
When the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak forced schools to shut down in March this year, the management and teaching staff of Gurukul The School turned the seemingly insurmountable challenges into opportunities by drawing upon their expertise in integrating technology in the teaching-learning process. They deployed a wide array of digital tools such as Seesaw, Padlet, Slido, Mentimeter, Edpuzzle, Kahoot, Geogebra, exam.net along with GSuite applications, and unique School Ids in collaboration with Google to introduce an innovative online learning solution for all classes.
- Under the existing Faculty development programme (FDP), teachers attended experiential learning webinars, seminars, workshops, conferences, councils and micro-teaching sessions designed to equip them better for delivering online learning.
- Collaborating with Google, the school has optimised the use of GSuite applications with unique school-based e-mail IDs for all the students. This has helped students to come together on a common platform and learn new tools and 21st-century skills.
- Rapport building with newly admitted students was encouraged with the “Be a Buddy” initiative.
- Virtual class assemblies fostering overall student development have been implemented with overwhelming success and much deserved applause.
- The evaluation process was redefined with emphasis on e-assessments using Google Forms and other such tools. Ingenious approaches like integrated and experiential learning, with greater implementation of technology, have become staple practices at Gurukul The School.
- ASP Classes – Academic Support Program is being conducted for the students who are not able to cope up with extraordinary times and need help to bridge the gap.
- Scholastic and co-scholastic activities encompassing reading, speaking and listening, radio show, debate, declamation, brain gym exercises, ice-breaker activities, among others, are being conducted on a regular basis to ensure that the students do not miss out on important aspects of the learning process.
“As an educational institution, switching over from a traditional classroom teaching methodology to online sessions has been an all new ride on the tidal wave of learning during the pandemic. However, turning this disguised blessing into a permanent boon, GPEP has strewn technology within the curriculum and classroom in such a manner that it has become a part of regular learning now. Moreover, keeping in mind the challenges faced by parents amid the ongoing pandemic, we are now admitting students through the online mode and we have started accepting school fee payment through easy installments,” says Sachin Vats.Posted in Campus, News