Numbers are so intriguing! You can do so much with them. Whether you love math or find the subject intimidating, here are some cool ways to hone your skills and have fun with numbers.
1. Try this contest with your parent or sibling while at home. Add up all the numbers on the number plate of your car or motorbike. Now reverse the order and subtract! You can even multiply the numbers two by two – the first two digits. Carry a small notepad and a pen with you to scribble down the numbers if mental math is not your forte! The fastest is the winner.
2. Play fractions with a pizza. The next time you have pizzas for dinner, stop for a moment and get your pizza cutter out. Cut pizza into equal number of portions (as many as you can) and have fun making fractions.
Go one step ahead and add the fractions, subtract, multiply and divide them – mentally of course! But do this before the pizza gets cold.
3. Check out the abacus method of computing. Even though you may not use it regularly, it is a fun way to calculate at top speed! Get the abacus as well as a beginners guide. Study it in your spare time or join a crash course.
4. Pick up a book with number puzzles. Solving puzzles can be challenging and addictive. You may have to rack your brains to figure out some conundrums but cracking them is fun.
5. Look up the internet and find number games to play. There are many interactive games out there. And there are games you can download onto your computer too!
So start these fun activities with numbers. You wont find math threatening anymore!
Recommended: Apps can make math fun to learn