Here are four easy to rustle-up recipes using common Indian spices such as garlic, ginger,
cinnamon, and turmeric to boost body immunity. Consuming immunity-building foods is a natural and excellent way to protect the body from invasive viruses including Covid-19 – Parvathy Menon
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ tbsp pepper powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp palm sugar (if using regular sugar, halve the quantity)
- ½ tsp ghee
- Crush garlic cloves and boil in water until well cooked.
- Take cloves out and mash.
- Add mashed garlic, pepper, turmeric, palm sugar and ghee to the milk.
- Boil the mixture for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
- Cool and strain before serving.
Rich in antioxidants, enzymes, flavonoids, vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, potassium, copper, zinc, calcium, phosphorous, proteins and manganese, garlic has excellent curative properties. It helps fight the flu, bloating and gastric complaints. Also rich in allicin and selenium, garlic enhances bile production in the liver and thwarts unwanted toxins.