KLAY (Kids Learning And You) Preschool and Day Care, through its Institute of Early Childhood Education and Development (IECED), has launched an upgraded edition of its flagship KLAY Preschool Teacher Training Program (KPTTP) to skill educators to impart learning in the post-COVID-19 world. Delivered to teachers online, the programme has been designed to upskill them to effectively teach students over virtual platforms.
Early years education is evolving at breakneck speed owing to the pandemic and the programme intends to train preschool teachers to stay abreast of the evolving teaching practices. Meghna Yadav, head (Cons), Training and Development at IECED, KLAY Preschool and Daycare said, “With KLAY’s Preschool Teacher Training Program (KPTTP), we aim to enable educators and teaching aspirants in India to upgrade themselves with the latest pedagogy in the ECCE segment. The objective of the programme is to improve the quality of primary education by imparting knowledge and understanding the science associated with child behaviour and the ‘why’ behind certain teaching tools. The curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the new normal in education i.e. a combination of both classroom and online teaching”.
Around 180 candidates have already enrolled in the programme and IECED aims to train 500 teachers by the end of 2020. The institute has already trained 4,000 professionals across the country so far.
Key highlights of the course:
- The curriculum is international research-based and designed by leading child psychologists
- The course focuses on the holistic development of a child aged between 1 – 6 years old
- Sessions are now available in two formats – either online or as face to face sessions
- The certification is offered in 10 weeks and 6 months (24 weeks) programme which requires participants to devote approximately 10 hours per week (6 hours of classes + 4 hours of assignments)
- The programme offers guaranteed 4-week internship with KLAY
- Upon successful completion of the internship and a stringent interview process, the teacher will be well equipped to get a job with a leading preschool
IECED is also offering short term one-week certification courses for existing teachers to upgrade their skills as well as parents who want to add a skill in order to engage with their child in a constructive way. The program modules have been unbundled into micro-courses to cover ‘Brain Development in Early Years, Preschool Teaching Strategies’ in ‘Today’s World and Multiple Intelligence in Early Years’. The batches started from 15th June 2020.
For more information on the course, visit https://www.klayschools.com/teacher-training-program/Posted in Campus, News