A 16-year-old aspiring NEET student from Uttar Pradesh tragically passed away on Monday, reportedly after ingesting a toxic substance in her hostel room in Kota’s Vigyan Nagar area, according to local authorities.
Priyas Singh, hailing from Mau in Uttar Pradesh, was a Class 12 student actively preparing for the NEET-UG exam while enrolled at a coaching institute in Kota. She resided in a hostel within the Vigyan Nagar area.
On Monday afternoon, Priyas allegedly consumed the poisonous substance within her room. As she began experiencing symptoms, her fellow hostel residents promptly rushed her to a hospital, as stated by DSP Dharmveer Singh.
Sadly, Priyas lost her life during the treatment approximately three hours later. No suicide note was discovered in her room, which was subsequently sealed. The precise motive behind the young girl’s tragic actions remains unknown.
The authorities have placed Priyas’s body in a mortuary for a post-mortem examination, which will be carried out once her parents, who have been notified of the incident, arrive.
Regrettably, this marks the 24th incident of a coaching student’s suicide in Kota this year, with the second occurrence this month. Tragically, six students took their own lives in August alone.