“No breakdown can stop the education fraternity from disseminating knowledge. COVID-19 is powerless before the enthusiastic teaching fraternity who is digitally equipped and committed to continue the teaching-learning process.”
– Alka Kapur, principal of the CBSE affiliated Modern Public School (MPS), Shalimar Bagh, one of Delhi’s top ranked co-ed day schools.
With its state-of-the-art infrastructure, technology has always been at the heart of pedagogical innovations at Modern Public School Shalimar Bagh. The school’s progressive online pedagogies have helped ensure that there is no disruption in learning for students in the wake of the Covid 19 pandemic outbreak and ongoing nationwide lockdown. Here are 7 innovative ways MPS teachers and students are using digital technologies to continue the teaching-learning process:
- Virtual Classrooms: Under Microsoft Aspire School Program, the school campus has been transformed into digital classrooms. The students and teachers have access to licensed software, free online platform and accessibility of Office 365 tools. Microsoft Teams App has made collaborative learning convenient and streamlined. During this 21 days emergency lockdown, MPS is striving to do its best to ensure continuity of the learning process through tools such as class notebooks, assignments, practice sheets, online evaluation etc.
- Co-curricular Activities: With the firm belief that no lockdown has the power to stifle the creative energy of Modernites, the school has been conducting co-curricular activities by leveraging latest technologies such as online career counselling for class XII students and Activity Chart for preschoolers. The school also recently conducted an online creativity test. Moreover Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) and astronomy classes, dance and music sessions, yoga and other sports activities are also being conducted through various online platforms.
- In-service Teacher Training Programmes: Zoom, a popular virtual platform, is being used for in-service teacher training programmes to ensure the faculty stays abreast of the latest teaching-learning practices. Video webinars and special sessions on tech gadgets and online platforms usage are being organised to enable teachers to make their online classes par excellence.
- Snap Homework has created a bridge to journey beyond the classroom, bringing teachers, students and parents together to improve student learning outcomes during the Covid-19 lockdown. Assignments, practice worksheets and notifications are sent regularly to keep students and parents updated with the teaching schedule and other important information. Educators are sharing self-recorded videos based on the curriculum and are available round-the-clock to address students’ queries.
- Cloud Based Learning: Teachers continuously add notes to their respective subject classes on the web portal i.e. in a virtual environment. The e-learning content has become a holy grail of knowledge accessible to the entire MPS student community. The school has created individual login accounts for students and teachers which has facilitated an enriching and immersive learning experience for all. Learning has become easy, interesting and uninterrupted with the use of interactive features such as quizzes and voiceovers.
- Broadcast Groups: Every class teacher creates a broadcast group of her class to ensure that every Modernite stays connected via the school network in these unpredictable and anxiety ridden times. All important information is disseminated via the school broadcast groups.
- xtramarks: Yet another digital solution offered by the school to its students through which students are free to access curriculum content at their convenience and prepare themselves for the upcoming academic session.