- 1 kg vermicelli
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Coat a baking dish with butter.
- Boil the vermicelli until cooked, then drain.
- Boil the coconut milk and sugar in a large saucepan, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vermicelli and ginger.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk mixture to the beaten egg, and stir the egg mixture into the pan with the vermicelli.
- Whisk in the flour and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until soft and spongy.
Heath benefit: Coconut milk is rich in electrolytes. It builds muscle strength and reduces fat, lowers blood pressure, relieves constipation and prevents fatigue.