The headmaster of a Zilla Parishad school in Latur district, Maharashtra, was suspended on Wednesday, following an incident where 15 students experienced symptoms of food poisoning the previous day. The in-charge headmaster of the school, located in Tondar, Udgir tehsil, has been suspended pending an investigation. The primary education officer also stated that action would be taken against the cook responsible for the incident.
“Out of the 87 students, 15 showed signs of food poisoning after consuming khichdi and cooked gram. They were promptly admitted to the government hospital in Udgir for treatment. The remaining 72 students were examined and treated by the tehsil health officer at the school. After receiving treatment, all students are now in stable condition,” added the officer.