Founded in 2003, Amity International School (AIS), Gurgaon is a coeducational English medium day school founded by Ritnand Balved Education Fund (RBEF) and is managed by Dr. Ashok K Chauhan. Affiliated with the Central Board of Education (CBSE), New Delhi, the school offers classes from pre-nursery through class XII. The school aims at developing the mental, physical and spiritual potential of children and endeavours to ensure they acquiring conceptual knowledge as opposed to mere theoretical knowledge.
AIS hosts well maintained classrooms, well-equipped laboratories for science, Maths, air-conditioned computer lab and well-stocked library.
Other facilities includes football ground, basketball court, skating rink, tennis court, music room, children play room, auditorium, yoga hall and art facilities. AIS also offers transportation facility to its students.
Affiliated with CBSE, New Delhi, AIS caters to the educational needs of children from pre-nursery through class XII.
1. The Pre-Primary Level (Nursery and Kindergarten) – At this level, the school focuses on developing communication skills of the tiny tots and activities such as drawing and coloring, writing, group games, clay modeling, puzzles, flash cards and conversations.
2. Primary Level (classes I to class V) – Education at this level focuses on the use of technology aids to supplement classroom teaching, use of the newspaper articles, quizzes, crosswords and other learning tools to enhance general awareness.
3. Middle Level (classes VI to VIII) – At this level, emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge through discussions, group project work, discovery and exploration.
4. Senior Level (Classes IX to XII) – At this level, various combinations of subjects are offered so that students can pursue their desired courses of study. Science and Commerce are among the main academic streams offered at AIS.
Age Criteria: The minimum age for admission to pre-nursery is 3 plus years as on March 31 of the year in which admission is sought.
Admission procedure –
1. Parents need to fill the online registration form and make the payment online for the processing fee.
2. Take a print out of the completed application form along with the online transaction details for documentation.
3. Completed application form along with a copy of proof of residence and an attested copy of the birth certificate (self attested) should be submitted to the school office.
Fees – Please contact the school office for detailed information on fees.
AIS Gurgaon has been ranked among the top day schools in India by the EducationWorld C-fore Survey 2014.
Being a day school, AIS Gurgaon does not provide accommodation facility.