Established in 1880, Baldwin Girls’ High School, Bengaluru is an English medium day school for girls affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi. It was founded by the Missionaries of The Methodist Episcopal Church and is a member of the prestigious Baldwin Group of Institutions.
The school campus hosts separate buildings for kindergarten, junior and senior school, spacious classrooms with audio-visual aids, separate science laboratories, well-stocked library and a playground with attached indoor sporting facilities.
Affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi, the school offers schooling from nursery through class X.
1. The primary section comprises nursery to class IV. The curriculum at this stage focuses on helping children discover themselves and their surroundings.
2. The Middle School (classes V-VII) provides a framework for academic challenge and an exposure to co-curricular activities to build skills and confidence.
3. The High School (classes VIII to X) curriculum focuses on co-curricular activities such as debate, elocution, dramatics, environmental studies, music and projects in science and humanities.
The school encourages a host of sports and games.
Asha Margaret Das (principal)
1. Students seeking admission to pre-nursery should be at least 3 years of age as on June 1 of the academic year.
2. Students seeking admission to Nursery should be at least 4 years of age as on June 1 of the academic year.
3. Transfer from other schools should be accompanied by an official Transfer Certificate.
4. For children from schools outside Karnataka, the educational authority from the other state must countersign the Transfer Certificate.
Fees – Please contact the school office for information on fees.
Baldwin Girls’ High School, Bengaluru is one of the top girls schools in the country. It focuses on creating value centered leaders who are driven by academic brilliance.
The school is ranked among the top girls day schools in India by the EducationWorld India School Rankings 2020-21.
Being a day school, it does not offer accommodation facility.