Besant Montessori School, sited at Juhu locality of Mumbai, was inaugurated on January 6, 1948 in the Theosophical Colony, by Dr. Iruch Taraporewalla an eminent scholar and educationist. The school encourages innovation and creativity among children so that they are well equipped to face the competitive world. The school follows the Montessori method of Early Childhood Education.
The school hosts well-ventilated, spacious classrooms with the latest equipment for the students, well-stocked library with all the latest books and a play area for sports activities.
Besant Montessori follows the Montessori method of teaching and maintains teacher student ratio of 1:15. The school strives to nurture young minds through a sound educational program that is sensitive to diversity.
Besides academics, the school offers a wide range of non-academic activities such as music and sports.
Parents can download the admission form from the school website
http://www.besantmontessori.com. Completed admission form should be submitted to the school office within the date specified. The documents are reviewed and the interview decision is made based on the selection criteria. Admission is on merit basis.
Admission Criteria for Montessori I –
– The child should be between 2 years 6 months and 2 years 10 months of age at the time of admission
– If admission is provided, then the child should continue in this school at least till class II
– The child must be toilet/potty trained
– Parents are requested to mention about health problems if any
– Please mention if child is allergic to anything
– Parents are expected to take active part in all the school activities
For all other standards other than Montessori 1 –
– Admissions decisions are made on a case by case basis, subject to availability of seats
– For enquiries, please visit the school in person between 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
Fees: Please contact the school for information on fees.
Besant Montessori School, Juhu has been ranked among the top 20 preschools in Mumbai by the EducationWorld India Preschool Rankings 2013.