Category: Experiential Education
Driven by its mission statement to ‘inspire students to invent and innovate’, Hyderabad-based Creya Learning & Research Pvt. Ltd (estb. 2011) offers STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and maths) experiential learning programmes to equip school students with design, critical and creative thinking, digital, collaboration and communication skills. The company’s flagship STEAM Learning and Design Studio programme for class I-X students — Creya XEL 2.0 – provides students the opportunity to work on a range of new technologies such as Robotics, Coding, Internet of Things (IoT), 3D Printing, Digital Media, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Design in a Single Platform.
Over the past decade, 150 schools across India and the UAE have signed up with Creya and 500,000 students have benefited from its comprehensive STEAM learning solution which integrates a deeply researched project-based curriculum with state-of-the-art lab equipment and teacher training support. Moreover, over 1,500 teachers have thus far signed up for Creya’s STEM Learning professional development programme helping schools with some of the aspirations of NEP 2020.
An engineering and business management alum of GITAM College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam and MDI, Gurgaon, Venky Datla has 20 years of experience in HPCL, Sonata, 3i and Knowledge Universe Education (KUE) Digital, before co-founding Creya in 2011.
An engineering graduate of SV University, Tirupati, Praveen Vudoagiri (left), served in Trilogy Software, Ballarpur Industries Ltd, Saint Gobain and KUE Digital before teaming up with Datla to co-promote Creya in 2011.
Hari Verma (centre), co-founder, is an engineering and industrial management alum of Andhra University and NITIE, Mumbai, with over 20 years of experience in Tata Technologies and KUE Digital.
- One-of-its-kind interdisciplinary programme covering concepts from science, ICT, engineering, math, social studies, English language and arts.
- Content covers digital media, 3D printing, coding for gaming, Internet of Things and engineering design.
- Focus on application and analytical skills using hands-on projects in alignment with NEP 2020.
- 360-degree and continuous student assessment.
- Schools opting for STEAM Lab & Design Studio provided on-site support.
- Creya provides on-site teacher training meeting the CPD requirements of NEP 2020.
- Dedicated support helpline for teachers.
- Regular on-site visits and quarterly reports to school managements ensuring full accountability.
Programme design and quality
- Designed on strong pedagogical foundations steeped in research, experience and expertise.
- The STEAM programme is year-long with 24-30 sessions — 60-80 minute sessions per week.
- Every module has a capstone project that gives students the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge application skills.
- 360 degree assessment comprising teacher’s observations, student self-observation and peer assessment.
- “Creya is not just a robotics, STEM or digital media and arts programme, it’s all these rolled into one and much more. Creya XEL 2.0 is an exciting and challenging STEAM programme.” — Madhavi Agrawal, founder, Cygnus School, Vadodara (Creya STEAM Lab Partner School since 2015).
- “The Creya curriculum is well-designed and more importantly the teacher training and support provided is highly professional and organised.” — Maya Sukumaran, principal, Gitanjali Senior School, Begumpet, Hyderabad (Creya STEAM Lab Partner School since 2012).
- Creates high-level student interest in STEAM subjects.
- Students of Creya partner schools have consistently won top awards in national science competitions such as CBSE National Science Championship, IIT-Kharagpur Young Innovators Program, IIT-Guwahati Techniche and IIT-Mumbai TechFest, among others.
Value for money
- One-time investment of Rs.9 lakh for lab/design equipment and low fixed annual operating cost of Rs.1,200-1,500 per student.
- Students work on multiple technologies.
- A fully Online STEM Program Option with no need for any fixed investment also available.
- Pioneered the introduction of digital media & arts to make Creya XEL 2.0 India’s first STEAM programme for K-12 schools.
- Integration of design thinking into programme curriculum.
- 360-degree students’ assessment.
- Students’ digital project portfolio.