Delhi Public School (DPS), Aligarh is a day cum boarding school, affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and offers classes from Playgroup to class XII. The school aims at providing a comprehensive education, which helps develop the students into academically proficient and socially well-integrated individuals. The school’s Motto is “SERVICE BEFORE SELF".
DPS, Aligarh is sited on a sprawling state-of-the-art campus amidst verdant surroundings with spacious classrooms, well equipped iMac computer lab, a digital language laboratory and digital Hi-tech library. The school also houses a multi-purpose hall for various school events, constructed over 16.5 acres with seating capacity of 4,494.
The sports complex has been designed primarily for cricket, football, hockey and rugby. The school also hosts a badminton complex with two badminton courts.
DPS, Aligarh is affiliated with CBSE, New Delhi and follows the CCE pattern. It offers classes from Playgroup to class XII. The academic year is comprised of two terms – the first term runs from April to September and the second term runs from from October to March of the subsequent year. Assessments are marked in grades.
Co-curricular activities are encouraged for the holistic development of the students and include literary, scientific and creative skills building events, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Organizational and Leadership Skills (Clubs). Students are expected to choose two activities from these four groups and are assessed on their level of participation and achievement.
Other co-curricukar activities include Sports/Indigenous sports, NCC/NSS, Scouts, swimming, gymnastics, Yoga, first aid, gardening/shramdaan.
Dr. (Mrs.) Shubha Narayan
Age eligibility for admission:
Play group: 2 years as on 1st October in the preceding year of the academic session.
Nursery: 3 years as on 1st October in the preceding year of the academic session.
Prep: 4 years as on 1st October in the preceding year of the academic session.
Class I: 5 years as on 1st October in the preceding year of the academic session.
1. Duly filled Application Form with Photograph
2. Third Language & Activity Form (Class III onwards)
3. Identity Card & Website Form
4. Medical History Form
5. Transport Form
6. Fee Receipt
7. 3 Passport size & 3 stamp size photographs
Admission to Play Group, Nursery & Prep is allotted on the basis of interaction & interview of child and the parents.
The following documents are necessary at the time of admission:
1. Birth Certificate – Birth Certificate from Municipal Corporation
2. Transfer Certificate from previous school (for class I and above)
3. Medical Fitness Certificate – MBBS Doctor Certificate or Registered Medical Practitioner.
4. Blood Group – Authorized lab, Certified by MBBS doctor.
1. No fee and charges are refundable except caution money.
2. Tuition and Transport fee is to be paid on quarterly basis in April, July, October and January or in one installment for the whole year at the beginning of the session.
3. Non-Payment of fee in the specified month will result in your ward’s name being struck off the rolls and for getting the ward readmitted, readmission fee is to be paid.
4. Caution money will be refunded by way of A/C Payee cheque along with transfer Certificate.
5. Late fee is charged @Rs 5/- per day from the scheduled date to the date of deposit.
The annual school fee ranges between Rs.32,150 and Rs.1,31,500.
Delhi Public School, Aligarh has been ranked among the top day cum boarding schools in India by the EducationWorld C-fore Survey 2013.
DPS, Aligarh provides hostel facilitieswith modern amenities for boys and girls from class VI to class XII. The hostel is equipped with a well-stock library which aims at further enhancement of self study, well trained and experienced wardens, A.C rooms, Wi-Fi campus, computer labs, 24 hours security, an infirmary with resident doctors and qualified nurse, nutritious food at cafeteria and regular yoga and meditation classes.