– Brij Mohan Gupta, Co-Founder, Vidyamandir Classes
Due to the ongoing pandemic, students across the nation are suffering from uncertainty, especially students preparing for competitive exams such as IIT/JEE and NEET. However, coaching centers such as Vidyamandir Classes (VMC) have stepped up and provided online classes to ensure the process of continuous learning and preparation even in these unprecedented times.
With the competitive exams such as IIT/JEE getting postponed, aspirants are left with more time for revision which they should know how to utilize productively. The following tips will help students make effective use of their time and prepare better for the upcoming examinations:
- First and foremost, it is imperative for students to create a master schedule where they divide their days according to the syllabus and the amount of time they would want to spend on each subject. Furthermore, every student has different weak points and strong points, so schedules might differ for each of them.
- Setting goals is the best way to use time effectively. Aspirants should set a daily goal during their preparation which will help them keep a check on their time as well as productivity.
- The best way to use the extra revision time until the examination is to practice! Students should give as many mock tests as they can in order to understand their weak and strong points. Furthermore, timing their mock tests will make them more efficient for the actual test.
- An effective way of studying long hours is for a student to create a study space for themselves where their resources are at an arms-length. Moreover, a dedicated study space helps create an environment of discipline and helps a student focus better on revision.
- It is important for students to reduce the number of distractions around them. Their mobile phones should be switched off and there should be no noise in the background to disturb them.
- Apart from studying, it is necessary for students to take an adequate amount of rest and breaks in the middle. Physical and mental health is important for the students, hence they should exercise, eat healthily, and sleep for at least 8-10 hours a day to ensure a smooth study cycle.
- Last but not the least, in these unfortunate times, it is possible for more hurdles to come a student’s way, therefore they must be flexible in their routine. No matter what obstacle comes their way, they should ensure to get back on track and study hard. After all, in every crisis lies an opportunity!
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the article belong solely to the author, and not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts, and opinions of EducationWorld.Students Resources