Yes, it seems difficult to attain 100% success in 50 days, but it is not impossible to attain it when you are determined enough for your goals. GATE is one of the toughest exams in our country. It is used to measure the calibre of engineering graduates and is a gateway to get into prestigious IITs or PSUs. Lakhs of aspirants appear for this exam every year making it a competitive exam. If you are aiming to qualify GATE, then here we are going to tell how you can qualify GATE in just 50 days.
“You may encounter many disappointments. Be strong. Tell yourself, “I am good enough, I will try again”
Journey of success is not easy and filled with many challenges, so is the journey of qualifying GATE but when you overcome these challenges with your hard work, determination, dedication, endurance, then this journey itself transforms an individual into a completely different & strong personality. GATE Exam is not like any other competitive exam, mugging up doesn’t work here. If you want to achieve success in 50 days then you must follow these tips:
Familiarize yourself with GATE exam
- The GATE exam is a single paper conducted in online mode for a duration of 3 hours.
- It consists of 65 questions carrying a total of 100 marks.
- Types of questions it includes: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Know the syllabus in depth and weightage of each subject
- There are various subjects in GATE EE/EC syllabus, so it is important you through each subject.
- Match your knowledge with the GATE syllabus and plan your preparation with known subjects.
- Observe and analyze previous year question papers to know the weightage of each subject which will help you to prepare a full-proof strategy
Tips for these 50 days preparation journey
- Familiarizing with the previous year questions is must.
- Practice these previous year questions on daily basis.
- Practice makes a man perfect, and in case of GATE daily practice enhances your scores.
- Revise all the topics thoroughly at regular intervals.
- Most of the questions in GATE are conceptual & numerical, so you must try to improve your solving ability & time management to score a good rank.
Make a study plan
- Build a study plan by prioritizing the subjects with respect to their weightage.
- Your plan should include syllabus completion, revision, and practice tests.
- Make sure your plan includes covering the fundamentals of each subject, revision, and practice tests.
- It is a good idea to make a timetable and formulate your daily tasks.
Formula and short notes
- When you aim to qualify GATE, the last two months play a very important role in that.
- During revision the best thing to save the time is going through formulas and short notes.
Practice, practice & practice
- It’s perfectly said “there is no meaning in learning until you know how to apply it.”
- It applies in GATE preparation too, try a lot of questions, while solving the question try to strive for the concept behind it, it will help you in solving related problems.
- Take mock tests as many as possible to manage the exam temperament, and to deal with the real-time environment.
- Analyze your accuracy, speed, time management, and improve accordingly.
Previous year questions
- Try to solve at least the last 15 years’ papers which will give an idea about the level of your preparation.
- Whenever you learn any concept, try to solve the previous year’s questions for that concept for its better understanding.
Attitude defines your success
- The most important thing to crack any exam depends on how the aspirants deal or behave in those final exam hours.
- Hence your attitude and approach should be positive, you should trust yourself.
- The way you deal with exams clearly reflects in your results. Sometimes, student calculates the correct answers but due to pressure and anxiety, they mark the wrong answer or inputs wrong numerical value.
- Stay positive and have faith in your preparations.
These were few tips which aspirants can follow, if followed thoroughly success will follow you. Apart from this Gradeup has recently launched a new YouTube channel exclusively for GATE Electrical and GATE Electronics: IMPULSE. This channel is launched only for EE/EC students to help them achieve 100% success in the next 50 days with our FREE CRASH COURSE for 50 days, which includes:
- Mon-Sat two classes will be conducted, one at 2 PM and 2nd class at 8 PM.
- All GATE Electrical & GATE Electronics subjects will be covered.
- Numericals along with concepts will be taught.
- Every session will contain questions based on the latest GATE pattern which will include MCQ, MSQ, and NAT questions.
This 50 days crash course will be followed by Score Booster Series which will begin on Impulse in January
Check the detailed schedule for FREE 50-Days Crash course from the following link:
About IMPULSE: New YouTube Channel
Gradeup has always been the companion in your preparation Journey, so we have launched a new YouTube channel for Electronics and Electrical students. This channel is a one-stop solution for all Electronics and Electrical Engineering exams. Here you will get:
– Daily FREE Lectures for Competitive Exams.
– All important updates of GATE, ESE, BARC, ISRO, and other PSU exams.
– Exam analysis, Important Tips/Preparation strategy, and motivational videos.
– Videos of Practical Application of Engineering in daily life.
So Subscribe to this channel to get timely notifications of all Videos.
We wish you luck for GATE EE/EC 2021.
Prep Smart. Score Better.