Kiwi Learners, Neelankarai is an international early childhood centre that follows Te Whariki, the internationally acclaimed New Zealand early childhood curriculum led by CORE Education, a New Zealand Early Learning centre. Kiwi Learners aims to transform education in India through a highly regarded and specialised early childhood curriculum from New Zealand which is a holistic play-based program in a safe indoor and large outdoor environment with the highest health and safety standards.
The Kiwi Learners Early Learning Centres in India are owned and operated by Sun CORE Education Partners Ltd which is an agency formed through a partnership between CORE Education and Place Me Services (previously Sun Global Pty Ltd).
Kiwi Learners offers half day, full day, kindergarten, summer camps and after school programs.
The preschool campus hosts an art studio, large open playroom, a dance room, drama, music and active movement programs, room for the kindergarten program and after-school club options, a sleep room with hygienic and supervised sleeping arrangements for younger children and an expansive outdoor area with areas designated for sand play, climbing, swings and games.
The school follows Te Whariki, the New Zealand early childhood curriculum that emphasises on the following:
1. Wellbeing – children learn to keep themselves and others safe and well positive attitudes toward health, safety, independence in self help and self care, and playfulness and curiosity.
2. Belonging – children learn to feel they and their families belong and have a place in the centre Having a ‘place’ in the centre, secure in own identity, connected with others, Managing behavior, through self control & emotional regulation, empathy and social competence.
3. Communication – children learn to communicate and confidently express themselves through literacy, mathematics, music, drama, visual arts etc.
4. Exploration – children learn to actively explore and try new skills and experiences developing physically, showing perseverance and inquisitiveness, theorizing, problem solving, experimenting and scientific investigations.
5. Contribution – children learn to contribute by taking responsibility for self, others, and their environment working with and alongside others, taking a lead, offering ideas and having a say.
Interested parents can visit the school campus and meet the preschool staff to enquire about admissions and fees.
Parents can also visit the school website and fill the necessary details on the form given. The preschool admits children aged between 18 months to 5 years.