Mainadevi Bajaj International School (MBIS), Mumbai is a co-educational international day school affiliated with the Cambridge International Examinations, UK (CIE). The school was started by Rajasthani Sammelan with a donation from Shri Vinodkumar Bajaj and Shri Rajkamal Bajaj and is named after their mother Smt. Mainadevi Bajaj. MBIS aims to promote a high quality, balanced educational program, which allows each student to develop not only their knowledge and skills but also strong moral values.
The school hosts spacious, air-conditioned classrooms with interactive smart boards, well-stocked library features 9000 items which includes books, DVDs and other audio-visual material, and flashcards, well-equipped separate laboratories for physics, chemistry and biology, ICT lab, art room, music room, a dance studio and play area.
MBIS offers the following programmes –
1. Early Years Programme – Children learn through exploration and discovery through this programme. The program is designed around four units of inquiry wherein students can grasp and, at the same time, acquire essential knowledge, skills and attitudes appropriate to that age group.
2. Primary School Programme – This programme offers a curriculum framework to develop English, Mathematics, Science and Social Science skills, knowledge and understanding in young learners.
3. Middle School Programme – The program focuses on the development of knowledge and skills of three key subject areas – Science, Mathematics and English and offers the Cambridge Secondary 1 (Cambridge Lower Secondary Programme).
4. IGCSE-CIE Programme – This programme is designed for grades IX and X and administered by the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), UK.
IB Diploma Programme is also offered for grades XI and XII.
The school promotesco-curricular and extracurricular activities such as yoga, leg cricket, badminton, volleyball and table tennis.
Parents seeking admissions for their children in early years need to appear for an interaction with the school authorities. The child will be observed during natural play.
For grades I to XI, English and Maths assessment is conducted.
Parents need to complete the admission formalities by paying the fees and submitting the documents listed below:
1. Birth Certificate (Original)
2. Proof of nationality of child and parent
3. Previous school reports/transcripts (Original & photocopy)
4. Previous School Leaving Certificate (Original)
5. Valid visa copy for foreigners
Fees – Please contact school office for detailed information on fees.
Mainadevi Bajaj International School is the only IB authorised school in Malad, Mumbai.
Being a day school, Mainadevi Bajaj International School does not offer accommodation facility.