ZEE5 launched the first report from its knowledge series ‘ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor’ on the Indian EdTech Industry revealing the latest and emerging trends dominating both metro and non-metro parents with regards to their expectations and behaviour surrounding online education and Ed-Tech apps.
It seeks to uncover transformative consumer behaviour, attitudes, and aspirations across multiple industries ranging from EdTech to online gaming to e-commerce, presenting an unmatched opportunity to advertisers to access a hyper-enriched predisposed audience cohort across multiple demographics and geographies.
In a bid to identify the key growth drivers for the Indian EdTech industry from a marketer’s and an advertiser’s perspective, the report unveils the new-normal with regards to the consumption patterns and a firm progression to a Hybrid learning environment.
- 50% parents want to adopt e-learning permanently for their children
- 46% of parents adopted e-learning during lockdown for their kids
- 47% parents believe that e-learning has amplified their children’s academic progress
- 63% parents view e-learning as an investment in their child’s future and state that price is no longer the barrier when it comes to choosing online learning
- Around 40% parents stated Internet connectivity to be the biggest barrier in online learning
- 50% of parents believe e-learning has come of age and will become a permanent part of education
Commenting on the trends, Rajiv Bakshi, Chief Operations Officer – Revenue, ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Limited, said, “ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor knowledge series will offer the tenets, roadmap and insights on the most exciting and emerging product categories in India, ranging from Ed-Tech, online gaming to e-commerce and cryptocurrency. The Ed-Tech report is the first in the ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor series and highlights the disruption witnessed in the Indian education sector, fuelled by tech solutions, convenience and a new-age mindset. We are confident that the report would benefit brand custodians and product leaders and provide new information and insights for them to make advertising and business decisions.”