Founded in 1956, Sathyabama University, earlier known as Sathyabama Engineering College, was promoted by the Jeppiar Educational Trust in 1987. In July 16, 2001, the college was declared as a ‘Deemed University’ by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. It is a premier institute imparting knowledge in the areas of engineering, science, technology and education.
The university has undertaken various sponsored and collaborative research and development projects funded by national organisations such as Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF).
The university’s 350-acre wi-fi enabled campus offers following facilities:
1. Health and fitness centre – This centre provides free medicines to sick students and medical lab facility. Fitness centre includes separate gyms for boys and girls.
2. Conference hall – The university hosts three conference halls equipped with the latest teaching aids such as LCD projector, slide projector and over head projector and is used for conducting guest lectures symposiums, seminars, placement and training programmes.
3. Mess – The university hosts a large modem kitchen with steam cooking, separate floor one each for vegetarian and non-vegetarian students. All students (hostel students as well as day scholars) and staff members are provided lunch, tea and snacks everyday.
Other facilities include a well-stocked central library, transportation, bank and ATM, and mineral water facility.
The university offers following programmes and courses:
Engineering Courses (B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch)-
Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics and Control Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Electronic Science, Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Mechanical and Production Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Business Administration.
Other courses offered:
B.Ed, BS.c visual communication, B.Com
M.E./M.Tech. – Computer Science and Engineering/Power Electronics/Embedded Systems/Applied Electronics/Electronics and Control Engineering/Thermal Engineering/Computer Aided Design/Structural Engineering/Environmental Engineering
Other courses offered:
MSc, M.Ed, MCA
Extra-curricular activities: Extra-curricular activities include NSS, RSS, YRC, Scouts and Guides, university band, industrial visit, guest lectures, and foreign languages classes.
Application form can be obtained from the university administrative office.
Eligibility for B E programme: Candidate should have passed HSC (10+2) from any State Board / CBSE / ICSE with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
Eligibility for B E (Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering): Candidate should have passed HSC (10+2) from any state board / CBSE / ICSE with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
B.Arch – Bachelor of Architecture: Candidate should have passed HSC (10+2) from any state board or CBSE with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics with an average mark of 50 percent, English as one of the language subjects and should have qualified NATA exam.
Fees – Please contact the institute for detailed information on fees.
The university has been awarded grade “A” status by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India and it has been successfully conducting non formal education programmes through 18 Village Resource Centres (VRCs) all over the state.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology 51st in the engineering ranking in 2020, 39th among universities and 61st overall.
The university has also been ranked among the top 20 private engineering colleges in the Education World India Engineering Colleges Rankings 2020-21.
Accommodation facility is provided for both male and female students. Hostel facilities include:
1. STD / ISD telephone facilities
2. Exclusive uninterrupted study room for students after college hours
3. Uninterrupted power supply, separate generator for students
4. Banking facility with ATM counter
5. Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students
6. Medical lab facility also available
7. Mineral water provided in all the rooms
8. Open-air theatre programmes every weekend
9. Well equipped gym (boys and girls separately)
10. Yoga and dance classes