Six students won the 7th edition of Godrej Live Out Ur Dream (LOUD) hosted recently at the Godrej headquarters in Vikhroli, Mumbai. 13 students from India’s top business schools presented their personal dreams as part of the Godrej LOUD 2018 finale. Godrej LOUD is a campus recruitment programme to find young and passionate first year business school students with diverse interests outside of work.
The finalists presented their dreams to a jury of senior Godrej leaders, including Nisaba Godrej, executive chairperson, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Vivek Gambhir, managing director and CEO, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Sumit Mitra, Head – group human resources and corporate services, Godrej Industries and associate companies and Parmesh Shahani, Head – Godrej India Culture Lab.
Speaking on the purpose of the unique campus engagement programme, Nisaba Godrej said, “Godrej LOUD is our way of finding passionate young leaders. We believe that people with unique interests outside of work bring great ideas and diversity of thought to work. Godrej LOUD is our endeavour to find such team members and enable them to bring that same passion and their ‘whole selves’ to Godrej.”
Mitra said, “We encourage our team members to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work because we believe that rounded, passionate people make for better Godrejites. Drawing from this, Godrej LOUD is our radically different approach to business school hiring. It enables us to have much deeper conversations with students and get to know them beyond their resumes. This year we visited 13 schools and received 1,300 dream applications. We are looking forward to have the winners join our teams and are very excited to meet many more passionate young people through LOUD.”
This year, Godrej LOUD attracted over 1,300 applications from across India’s top business schools. Team Godrej LOUD visited 13 campuses (SPJIMR, Mumbai; NITIE, Mumbai; SCMHRD, Pune; SIBM, Pune; MDI, Gurgaon; IRMA, Anand; IIM, Ahmedabad; DSE, Delhi; FMS, Delhi; IIFT, Delhi; IIM, Calcutta; IIM, Trichy; and XIM, Bhubaneswar) to engage with first year students.
Godrej LOUD 2018 winners are:
- Abhinav Gupta from NITIE, Mumbai who dreams of learning techniques of the metallic flute on bamboo flute from Armenian flautist Nelly Manukyan.
- Kavya Mohan P from IIM, Trichy who aspires to train in Kathakali, Odissi and Sattriya, so as to be able to perform 6 classical dance forms.
- Lovekesh Sharma from SCMHRD, Pune who dreams of attending a custom clinic at the International Sailing Academy, Mexico, to further his dream of ranking among the top 3 in Sailing at the Jakarta Asian Games 2018
- Nimish Jain from SCMHRD, Pune who dreams of creating a pan-India network of blood and organ banks and develop a mobile app for it.
- Richa Grover from SIBM, Pune who aspires to train at the VFL Wolfsburg FC and represent India at the Asian Women’s Football Championship 2020.
- Varun Bhardwaj from NITIE, Mumbai who dreams of attending a 5-day cartooning workshop by Disney cartoonist Vincent Woodcock in London.