Montreaux, Switzerland headquartered Sommet Education invites applications for career opportunities in the global travel and tourism industry and admission requirements for Indian students at Swiss hospitality management schools Les Roches and Glion. The application deadline for the batch commencing in October this year is August 30, 2018.
The global travel and tourism industry is one of the world’s top employers and is expected to add another 90 million jobs in the next decade. The unique Swiss education model combines theoretical and practical courses. Through mandatory internships, students gain valuable professional experience and industry insights already during their studies. Thanks to global industry recognition and strong relations with leading hospitality businesses, an average of more than 90 percent of students has a job or multiple offers by the time they graduate.
Part of newly promoted Sommet Education, Les Roches and Glion share a combined history of nearly 120 years and were recently ranked among the top 5 hospitality institutions for employer rating (QS World University Ranking, 2017). Building on a network of campuses in Switzerland, Spain, UK, US and China, students have the opportunity to transfer between some of the most established and rapidly emerging destinations in terms of travel and tourism.
Both institutions offer a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in hospitality management, spanning three-and-a-half years and including two semester-long internships, but different specialisations: While Les Roches focuses on entrepreneurship and innovation, Glion teaches luxury brand management, finance and business topics. Postgraduate programmes include diplomas for career-changers who wish to enter the hospitality sector, as well as more strategic master degrees for professionals aiming at an executive career in the global hospitality, tourism or services industries.
– Minimum age: Normally 18 years old and above. Applicants can be under that age provided they are 18 years old by the time they start their first internship.
– Education: A high school diploma or equivalent.
English qualification: Non-native English speakerswill need to submit one of the following English certification tests:
– TOEFL: minimum score of 525 points for the paper based test and 70 on the Internet Based Test (IBT).
– Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): Grade C.
– IELTS : Overall Band Score of 5.5 and at least 5.0 in each discipline.
– Education: Accredited bachelor degree (preferably in Hospitality, Tourism, Event Management or a BBA).
– English qualification: Non-native English speakers will need to submit one of the following English certification tests:
TOEFL: minimum score of 585 points for the paper based test or 83 on the Internet Based Test (IBT).
– Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): Grade B
– IELTS: Overall Band Score of 6.0 and at least 5.5 in each discipline.
How to Apply
Applicants for the next intake in October must apply by August 30, 2018. For more information and to apply online, please visit www.lesroches.edu/admissions or www.glion.edu/admissions.Posted in Campus