Category: Sports Solutions
Sportz Village (formerly EduSports, estb.2009) is a pioneer Bangalore-based sports education company that provides K-12 schools structured sports and physical education curriculums and programmes adhering to NASPE (National Association for Sports and Physical Education, USA) standards.
The company’s end-to-end programme includes self-defence modules, parent engagement weekend programmes, outbound adventure camps, teacher training support and supply of sports equipment. Sportz Village (SV) has signed up 1,300 schools in 250 cities and towns in India, Nepal and the Middle East with 700,000 children, to deliver its specially curated sports education programme.
Sportz Village Leader
Co-founder & CEO
An alumnus of IIT-Bombay and IIM-Bangalore, Saumil is the Co-Founder and CEO of Sportz Village. Over the last decade, Saumil has been working with schools, federations, policymakers and sponsors for creating opportunities for children to experience the magic of sports. He has personally engaged with more than 100,000 children and 50,000 parents. He is also the recipient of the prestigious “Emerging Entrepreneur Award” by CII and has been recognised as one of the “Top 50 Leaders Influencing Education” by EducationWorld. An ardent sports lover, Saumil continues to follow his passion for sports through regular badminton, karate and golf sessions.
- Age-appropriate sports gear to ensure children develop motor skills in accordance with age/physical development.
- Programme designed and curated by educationists and sports experts to ensure meaningful engagement of all children in sports activities.
- Periodic assessment to track children’s physical fitness.
- Team of 800 highly experienced coaches.
- All coaches are professionally trained in physical education and/or have competed in national and international sports tournaments.
- The SV programme offers a rich menu of 12 sports — football, cricket, volleyball, basketball, hockey, athletics, table tennis, lawn tennis, squash, badminton, skating & Taekwondo.
- The programme is integrated with the school’s academic curriculum and runs through the academic year.
- Students are assessed in various skill and fitness parameters including aerobic and anaerobic capacity, flexibility and core strength.
- “As part of our corporate social responsibility programme to improve the quality of education in Tamil Nadu’s government schools, we wanted to introduce sports education in our partner schools. We are delighted with our partnership with Sportz Village – introducing sports has made a positive impact on the lives of these children.” — Balachandar NV, president-HR, Communication and CSR, Ashok Leyland.
- “Manipal School’s collaboration with Sportz Village has benefitted our students immensely. The SV programme has met and exceeded our expectations with children looking forward to SV activities every week.” — Anuradha Shivaram, principal, Manipal School, Mangalore.
- In 2017, Sportz Village launched an app that enables parents to monitor children’s progress and receive regular skill assessment reports.
- An app-based monitoring system to track the performance of its 800-plus coaches.
Value for money
- All children regardless of sporting capability are enroled in the programme to ensure full participation.
- Free-of-charge app to enable parents to track children’s fitness levels.
- Parents can access detailed fitness and skill assessment reports through the Sportz Village app and accordingly take remedial steps.
- SV partner school students have won top awards at national competitions including Karate National Championship, district and state-level cricket tournaments, CBSE Cluster Athletics, among others.
- The SV programme has a proven positive correlation between physical activity and improved academic performance.