Amitabh Bachchan gave a clarion call of ‘Apna Kal Khud Banao’ to students as India’s first-of-its-kind Gamified Learning Ed-Tech app, STEPapp was unveiled with an aim to revolutionize K-12 education in the country.
STEPapp was unveiled in Mumbai by Praveen Tyagi (MD, PACE IIT & Medical; and Founder CEO, Eduisfun Technologies) in the presence of distinguished academicians and corporate honchos.
STEPapp’s vision is to provide universal access to quality education to every child in the country via technology. And this app is the first STEP in their mission to create a bank of meritorious children for the country, removing the barriers of social, economic, gender, region, and learning inequity. The app works on the most basic smartphone with minimal data requirements. The pricing is such that it is accessible to most people in India.
STEPapp will launch many other apps in the future to gamify education and introduce newer ways to learn. STEPapp comes from the IITian’s PACE family, a group that has 20 years of experience in creating success stories for kids, some of whom are now change-makers at leading companies across the world. It is this experience that makes STEPapp confident about the learning methodology it is introducing to revolutionize the K-12 education in India.
STEPapp starts with building Math and Science proficiency via two programs – STEP Scholar and STEP Learn.
- STEP Learn is the learning program for grades 5-11 mapped to complete math and science syllabus of CBSE and ICSE. It breaks down tough concepts into easy to understand capsules and then tests the children on their learning – in a gamified format. Students cannot move on to the next learning capsule until they answer all questions correctly. And hence it ensures that the kids have conceptual clarity before they move on.
- STEP Scholar is the scholarship program that gives an opportunity of a lifetime for students to build their own futures with scholarships ranging from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1 crore from a total pool of Rs. 50 crore.
- As an introductory offer, the first 1 lakh students of each grade will receive STEP Learn (worth Rs. 5,000) gratis for their current grade.
- In addition to the big scholarships, students can also win next grade’s STEP Learn the free basis for their performance.
- Mentorship and guidance for the winners through 400+ IITians and Doctors will be continuous. Once STEPapp identifies merit, they will handhold these kids to success.
- Registrations for STEP Scholar program have already begun. Students from 5th to 11th standards are eligible to register in this program.
Tyagi said, “STEPapp redefines Ed-Tech in India by giving children universal access and a level playing field by leveraging gamified learning, story-telling, scholarships and benefits for all stakeholders such as parents, teachers, and education policymakers. Accessible to every child in the country, anytime and anywhere, STEPapp inspires students, engages parents and empowers educators, to ensure that students achieve their full potential. Our Student Talent Enhancement Program (S.T.E.P.) will help create a bank of meritorious children, who will be the assets and future of our country.”
He added, “STEPapp has 4 Aces – it is Accessible, Affordable, Adaptive and Attractive for those who want to build their own future. STEPapp’s Board syllabus is mapped to the curriculum of school boards such as ICSE and CBSE. Students can get conceptual clarity in a fun way and their speed and accuracy are gauged. Parents and teachers get detailed reports of the student’s progress, strengths and weaknesses via SMS-email on a real-time basis. STEPapp will make every child reach their fullest potential and convert them into a national asset who contributes to a better country and planet.”
STEPapp has several prominent strategic alliance partners such as YES Bank as a banking partner, PACE as knowledge partner, PayTM and iCollege as strategic alliance partners. STEPapp is energised by 400+ IITians and Doctors from PACE IIT & Medical Entrance Coaching.
Amitabh Bachchan said, “The future of our country lies in the education of our children. Praveen Tyagi’s STEPapp has made learning interesting and rewarding for students. Teaching children through games is an innovative step. My best wishes are with Mr. Tyagi’s team comprising 400 IITians, who have helped create an innovation like STEPapp.”
STEPapp has been successfully implemented in 16 Eklavya Model Residential Schools run by The Tribal Development Department under the Maharashtra Government. All Andheri Municipal Corporation Schools will run the STEPapp after running a trial with the students.Posted in Students Resources