One of the oldest co-educational residential schools in India, the Lawrence School was founded in 1847, by British soldier and statesman, Sir Henry Lawrence as a charitable institution for the orphan wards of British soldiers of the British Empire. In the Education World – C fore survey 2011 for the “India’s most respected schools “, Lawrence school is ranked 4thAll India and 3rdin the northern regional rankings. The school continues to feature among the top schools and has been placed at the No 5 th position in the 2012 survey of “India School Rankings”.
The Lawrence School is situated at a height of 1750 meters at Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh in a forested campus spread over 139 acres. The school aims to groom the students into well developed personalities -refined, disciplined, possessing high moral values, capable of feeling at home in an intellectual environment and capable of contributing positively to society.
The school is an international member of the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference, based in England.
Sanawar is divided into four houses called Himalaya, Vindhya, Nilagiri, and Siwalik.
Send this to a friend