Jobs in Education System
Side ad-01
Side ad-02
Supplementary education prioritized for learning loss

Two lakh anganwadi posts lie vacant in the country: WCD

January 1, 2019

Over two lakh posts for anganwadi workers and helpers are lying vacant in the country, while around 24 lakh anganwadi staffers are currently working across various centres, the Lok Sabha was told on Friday.

Minister of State for Women and Child Development Ministry Virendra Kumar said in a written reply that about 1.09 lakh anganwadi worker positions are vacant, while 1.18 lakh positions for anganwadi helpers are unoccupied, he said.

There are 13.63 lakh operational anganwadi kendras in the country. Bihar has the highest number of vacant anganwadi posts, with 53,000 unoccupied positions. Out of the total number of anganwadi centres, 86.15 per cent of them, which is about 12.83 lakh, are running from concrete buildings, the remaining 13.85 per cent are operating from make-shift buildings.

“The government has made provision of funds for providing medicine kit of Rs 1,500 per annum for anganwadi centres and Rs 750 per annum for mini-aganwadi centres and other administrative expenses under anganwadi services are Rs 2,000 per annum for anganwadi centres and Rs 1,000 per annum for mini-anganwadi centres,” he said.

Posted in National
Current Issue
EducationWorld April 2024
ParentsWorld February 2024

WordPress Lightbox Plugin