Caprese garlic bread Ingredients
- 1 loaf ciabatta or French loaf, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnishing
Caprese garlic bread preparation guide
- Preheat oven to 180oC and place bread (cut-sides up) on a large baking sheet.
- Stir butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Spread this mix on ciabatta halves and bake until golden for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, simmer balsamic vinegar and honey, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, for 8 to 10 minutes. Let it cool. Top toasted ciabatta with mozzarella and tomatoes and bake until cheese is melty, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle caprese garlic bread with oil and balsamic glaze, garnish with basil, and slice.