Want a refreshing pick-me-up for summer? Dont stock up fizzy drinks or tetrapacks. Make your own bottles of squash that you can use any time. Its healthier, and cheaper!
Nutritionist Rashmi Chak-rapani offers two recipes you can follow easily. Store squa-shes in the refrigerator and serve when you have guests or when summer thirst hits you.
• Squeeze the juice of 20 limes and strain out the seeds.
• Add sugar to water and boil it till the solution becomes thick.
• After it cools, add the juice of limes.
• Your squash is ready to use!
• Pour about one-fifth of a glass of squash and add water.
• You can change the proportion of squash to suit your taste.
• Prepare enough to last for a month.
• Peel and chop raw mangoes.
• Cook them well in a pressure cooker with a little water.
• Mash and add sugar. Mix well.
• Use this squash to make a glass of juice.
• Add more sugar if needed.
• Aam panna can be stored for 3-4 months in a refrigerator. This way you can make the most of the mango season!